Sora wo Matotte - Vol. 3 Ch. 22 - Longing for the Sky

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for upload. The MC only think of one thing

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, he's trying to get philosophical. Can't wait for the judging to begin.

"When you think about it, aren't all of us just a part of a greater whole? The entire universe is constantly in flux, rearranging its fundamental building blocks into the forms recognizable to us, dispersing and recombining them into things beyond our imagination. All of existence flows like a river from its distant beginning to its inevitable end, and the transient forms we now inhabit are but microscopic eddies within that river, soon to disappear with nothing to mark their brief existence."

"Fascinating, Haro. And the subject of your drawing that you chose to represent these thoughts is..."

"Titties. I drew a fuckload of titties."

Supporter
Gao deserves more but If Haro loses we're gonna keep on this stale plot where everything unrelated to Haro happens while we wait for the next competition

Dex-chan lover
Well, since he's imagining the world acting as clothes the room... I guess he's gonna remove the clothes from the room? Draw it nude?

I don't know, guys, I'm just here for the romance and the titties.

Dex-chan lover
No idea where he's going with this, but reading the prompt and putting on my Haro brain, I thought he would draw the entire classroop sketching but by removing anything that doesn't interest him. So it's essentially only the female artists as models in front of their canvases. No furniture as he doesn't care about any nature morte bs. He only cares about the beauty of naked women and painting! That's all he sees and that's literally only why he's here, to win and get to paint a beautiful woman naked!

I think his vision is surprinsingly refreshing in the art world because many are sick on the emphasis on the naked form and sexualizing women's bodies. It's nice to have a very simple dude with sheer focus: "I get your point but I'll never get tired of it, there's nothing better,sue me but let me paint you n-"

Dex-chan lover
Caught up to the manga, my general review:

It's pretty good. I feel like the kid's artistic obsession being pidgeonholed to just painting nudes is hurting things a bit, also not quite certain I understand why he's obsessed with feminine beauty in particular, when he doesn't seem to have any arousal towards it at all.

I do think all the characters are fun, but I do wish the Witch in question, his particular object of obsession, featured more strongly, and their relationship was more fleshed out and better ingrained into the story. I would also prefer any romantic developments to be towards her, but then again I'm a 30 years old man, so it's probably more appropriate for the kid to date his classmate instead of who I'd prefer...

Users who are viewing this thread