Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Ch. 223 - The 223rd Move

Group Leader
Meanwhile in the dark timeline:
Ayumu loses, never confesses, leaves the shogi club, and Rin takes over.
Urushi goes on to college, meets a guy who doesn't play shogi, they get engaged, get married, and never have any children.
Rin is also forever alone. Some things can't be fixed even in alternate timelines.

Dex-chan lover
This is it. The final boss. If Ayumu can’t win here, the whole series will have been for nothing. No pressure.

Dex-chan lover
yeah it was time to wrap this up, would love the Rin upset but no chance

Dex-chan lover
Wait 20 pages is jumbo? Now that I think about it I never cared about the number of pages per chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Please, please, PLEASE, Yamamoto-sensei!!!
After this manga has ended, bring the cute ninja girls back! 😭

SsJOH48.jpg

Contributor
Next chapter: Will Ayumu finally make his move?

SsJOH48.jpg
As much as it feels weird that it ended so early (I’d expect 12 volumes), what else is there to really write about after the conflict was resolved? More coomer bait?

We need a poll, who do you think will win?
1) Urushi
2) Ayumu
3) It won't be shown.
picture this:
  • next chapter, as they battle it out and Ayumu in middle of placing his move. TIME SKIP. he put the piece down, it zoom out to see a grown up Ayumu, now a pro shogi player aimming for a title.
  • cut out to show the supporting cast future watching the game(or something).
  • after the match he go home to see senpai cooking dinner.
  • after dinner they pull out a shogi board and play a game, if Ayumu win he will propose to senpai.
  • chapter end with them holding the pieces and ready for a showdown.

Double-page supporter
20 pages is twice the number of pages a chapter of "When Will Ayumu Make His Move?" normally has, and I'm glad for that, but does that mean we'll have to wait twice as long for the next chapter?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dude is as bright as a neutron star and just as dense.
I like this description, completely apt.

Related, finally time to be free from Ayumu's unsettling black hole eyes. Like ok, I get it, only girls get to have bright pretty eyes and the boys get stuck with them plain beads. But somehow, Nishikata can have expression-filled eyes while this chess-headed pawn-ass mf straight-up got dat void in him.

Dex-chan lover
As much as it feels weird that it ended so early (I’d expect 12 volumes), what else is there to really write about after the conflict was resolved? More coomer bait?
The number of chapters regarding the idea of interacting with men were the minority, so he could write about whatever the fuck he wants. Even board games.

Dex-chan lover

SsJOH48.jpg
I don't think they are ever coming back.

Cause I suspect Yamamoto may be planning to retire, seeing how he is rushing to end all of his long running series.

Users who are viewing this thread