Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 1 Ch. 12 - The 12th move

I always feel like I already read the chapter, but then I remember I did read it in the pre-serialization version

Dex-chan lover
@Sakai I've never been to Japan but where I live there's a beach/park with, you know, sort of food places. They used to have like fish and chips, but one recently went Japanese and it's got ramen and stuff, and taiyaki. So I tried some. I was expecting it to be sort of pastry-ish but it's actually deep fried, somewhere between a pancake or doughnut stuff and the kind of batter they put on the fish in fish and chips. Closer to the latter if anything. Mine was pretty greasy. All in all, if I'm going to have red bean paste I prefer it in those sesame seed covered balls. It wasn't terrible but I think it's one of those things you have to grow up with to really like. I was disappointed because in the stories they always seem so good.
(Not as disappointed as I was with takoyaki, though--that stuff it turns out I really don't like at all. What a horrible thing to do to perfectly good squid that could have been calamari)

Dex-chan lover
@ kronix
Doesn't change the fact that just like any beta male he's still not getting the girl because of some stupid condition he's given himself. One he might never be able to fulfill. In the meantime some equally alpha male could come into picture, but be far less patient than him and take her away. The effect would be that despite all his alphaness he'd still get cucked.

Aggregator gang
@Purplelibraryguy damn i pretty much agree with you on takoyaki, on anime/manga it looks delicious but when i tried it for the first time months ago, its freakin taste awful

Contributor
Every time I read people unironically describe characters as beta or alpha I vomit a bit in my soul.

@Purplelibraryguy @Sakai
Not denying what you guys said but I would recommend having a second try if you happen to visit Japan in the future.

I was lucky enough to live in Japan for a short while, and I noticed that while recipes for Takoyaki and Taiyaki is widespread, the taste of them really differs by the store. During my stay, I've tasted some horrendous soggy-oily Taiyaki (those mostly sold at stalls near Jinja and Otera) and some beautifully seasoned, fragrant, crispy outside with juicy filling Taiyaki (you'll find this usually in a permanent stall at a famous place, but some are well-hidden too, a good hint is that a good store usually has a lot of elderly customers which are often regulars). This applies to Takoyaki and Okonomiyaki as well.

TL;DR : The place you ate might've been a bad one, it's probably good if you give a second try at another stall.

Dex-chan lover
@kronix You don't want to be pushed down by a strong woman who can destroy you whenever she desires? What are you, gay?

Guys! The whole GAG of the manga is the he won't confess and she tries to make him confess. If you think that it's stupid or whatever then don't read this manga, since it's the whole point of it!

Dex-chan lover
@ArsNova That seems plausible. With taiyaki, anyway. With takoyaki what I don't like seems to be a fundamental design feature--it's supposed to be liquidy in the middle, and that just makes me go "Learn to cook it all the way through, God!" Well, that and horrible fishy bonito flakes on top, but I presume those are optional and vary with region.

Dex-chan lover
@Kion Depends. True, some of those broths taste to me like someone forgot to clean the fish tank. But there are other sides to Japanese food, it's not all fish-related. Haven't you noticed all the characters in manga drooling about meat? I love me some beef yakisoba, good ramen, things like that. I like miso stuff (well, I expect that's a huge generalization given how many kinds of miso there are, nearly all of which I haven't tasted. But basically). And sushi is generally fine because the fish is fresh--if it starts to taste/smell fishy, something is seriously wrong.

Group Leader
why does it feel like this manga wasn't drawn by souichirou yamamoto?

Dex-chan lover
Man..this dude really know how to play hard to get.

Dex-chan lover
Even when focused on trying to win his confession he doesn’t let a detail about her go unnoticed. And I’m down with Taiyaki. If you had a greasy one, doughy one, you had a bad one. Crispy with red bean sounds incredible on an autumn day.

Users who are viewing this thread