Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 31 - The 31st move

"I'll look forward to fathering your child! Sorry! I meant creating new potential club members!"

Wait, does that not count as a confession? Isn't "go out on a date with me" in that context a totally unambiguous "I like you," even in Japan?

So he won't confess his love before beating her in shogi, but he'll ask her on a date?
Wait, what?
What kind of backwards logic is that?

Dex-chan lover
He asked her on a date. Well, I guess that doesn't technically violate his resolution. I can just imagine "Look, we're married. We've had three children. You cherish me and my life with you is wonderful. Isn't it about time you told me you love me?" "Sorry, still haven't won a game of Shogi against you."

@ThatOneJester
So he won't confess his love before beating her in shogi, but he'll ask her on a date?
Wait, what?
What kind of backwards logic is that?

A date can be just a "social" date, especially when you are still in high school. You know, like "I won a free meal for two at the fancy restaurant. Do you want to be my date?" I don't know when people started adding so much significance to it. Kind of like single, which means you are not lawfully married. That's it. If you are in a monogamous long term relationship, you ARE still SINGLE unless you have a little piece of paper saying otherwise.

Oath: Broken
What a fucking liar.
No, I don't give a shit about semantics, he said 'date'.
Fucken' DROPPED.

@aznkidx she already knows that he likes her, but she's too embarrassed to be the one to take the first step and he's too stubborn about keeping his promise to himself to take the first step.

Users who are viewing this thread