Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 36 - The 36th move

Dex-chan lover
Just wondering who will confess first haha

Anyway they're just so cute and cute together and cute xD

Dex-chan lover
He wants to be called by his first name, what a man-whore.

HOW OLD ARE YOU?? WHERE ARE YOUR PARENTS? FIRST NAME BASIS ALREADY?? VERY LEWD

Dex-chan lover
I'll never understand this fascination with using first names. Like I know why they get flustered but as an American it just looks stupid coming from something so natural in the western custom.

Aggregator gang
@Lyanhyrt I went to a school where first name basis wasn't a thing. You will know if people are close if there is a first name basis.

Dex-chan lover
I'm with Lyanhyrt on this one
I'll never understand this
I don't know if mangakas blow this out of proportion and IRL is not even close as being this big deal
or if Japan really has this weight put on calling someone by their name, which is the fucking propose of a name in the first place

Dex-chan lover
getting really passive aggressive in the discord invite page lol

Dex-chan lover
@skiepher Where ? It wasn’t in Europe or in the US, was it ?
In my school in Europe, we even called the teachers by their first name, but that’s pretty uncommon.

@lyanhyrt Yeah same, only a few people were called by their surname in my school but it was kind of a nickname used by their close friends.

Lan

Dex-chan lover
@havelmom The Japanese write their names Surnames, first name. That’s how they’re addressed, you only use someone’s first name if you’re actually close to them or if you want to be rude. If you’re not you just use their surnames.

Dex-chan lover
@havelmom It feels like first name basis has more weight in opposite-gender relationships, just based on in-manga usage. Just from the vibe of familial duty and such that tends to be pretty prevalent in manga, it feels to me that to an extent one is their family first and themselves second. However, having never been directly involved in the culture I can't say anything definite. On the other hand, I did live in a subculture for a while where you were known by the last name pretty much exclusively and getting called by the first name there certainly carried a lot more weight.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
I half-understand the first name thing. The reason I say half is because I understand the difference in culture but not the existence of it.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda have full. Same thing happen with Takagi-san. This author have some idea for rom-com. But not really good at keep thing for long run and progression. it is common mistake though

Users who are viewing this thread