Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 3 Ch. 36 - The 36th move

XL

Dex-chan lover
He nut. Damn son he didn't even last a second XD

Dex-chan lover
Damn, takeru have pretty awesome surname.

In fact, it's so awesome, that it's embarrassing :)

Dex-chan lover
I can sort of get why people would not dig the first name thing. But at the same time it feels like a kind of cultural insularity, and a failure of imagination. Can people really not grok anything different from their own personal experience? My personal and cultural milieu is pretty informal and it would be weird not to call even the merest acquaintaince by their first name, but I really don't have a problem feeling the impact of the first name in Japanese stories. I see the same thing where people watch Shakespeare or whatever--they just can't even try to wrap their heads around different thinking, different social conventions, different institutions shaping people's lives. I think it's worth trying to stretch your empathy a bit.

Dex-chan lover
Ayumu's blush when he wanted her to call him by his first name 🥺🥺🥺😭😭💕💕💕 cutie!!

Aggregator gang
@breizh no not in the western country. I live in the SEA, and our culture does have some Jap culture mixed in it.

@Purplelibraryguy
Well said and I fully agree, however keep in mind that some of the people you criticize may simply be younger than you or just not as mature etc. Most people get that kind of empathy and understanding with age and life experience. Kids tend to be the worst (in an innocent way) at this.

Users who are viewing this thread