Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 4 Ch. 51 - The 51st move

Dex-chan lover
Sorry Senpai, but you messed up right at the start. He actually said he needed to study, trying to distract him was never the right move.

I assume he went to the clubroom hoping senpai would teach him. So again, he won the war.

Fed-Kun's army
@youeverjust
A lot. Keep in mind that a move is only a half of a turn, so even regular chess game takes around 70 moves on average.
I think I've seen average number being twice as big as for regular chess, so 120-160 moves (or 60-80 turns)

Dex-chan lover
Still not a good enough teaser... She should just teach him some stuff.

Dex-chan lover
This becomes funnier if you replace the word "Shogi" with "Sex"

But, also, this technically counts towards on of the times he's beaten Senpai. That's 2 wins to potentially infinite losses.

Don't judge him too much, trying to beat a smug loli is hard business.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Keledor @youeverjust
For reference, my chess teacher said that "short" games are around 25-30+ moves, most games i've copied surpass 40 moves, but i've seen some games a little over 50 moves, i don't copy those because i'm lazy. But also, in big tournaments you have to play multiple times, the match of the century were 21 games all in a row, and that was after eliminating previous oponents. I don't know the rules of shogi but it looks more complicated so i assume games take about twice as long as regular chess.

Group Leader
Neither of them freaked out when her face was only a few cm from his.

Ore

Dex-chan lover
Aaaand zero progress again. At this rate we might see some progress without going back to square one at chapter 200.

Dex-chan lover
I knew a couple of guys in college whose studying could be brought to a half by simply setting-up a Persian/Western chess set in their presence. For whatever it's worth, they were both also sociopaths.

Dex-chan lover
@Ore this is the same author as takagi san which after 150 chapters the only progress is a flick on the forehead.

Aggregator gang
@Ore Why would there be progress? They didn’t do anything in this chapter that would lead to progress. Kind of a weird chapter to complain about the lack of progress when there was nothing “romantic” going on in this chapter.
@Faryshta And this manga has a lot of progress compared to Takagi. And we know they get together anyways because of the spin-off.

Can we all just take a minute and appreciate all of the smug senpai we got in this chapter? Because I love it

Users who are viewing this thread