Soredemo Ayumu wa Yosetekuru - Vol. 5 Ch. 59 - The 59th move

Well, we finally reached to the most recent chapter. For your information, we will have chapter 60 release at tomorrow.
By the way, when Ayumu say he want to beat Urushi, he meant win against her without handicap, which so far he can't beat her in 4 piece handicap as yet.

Dex-chan lover
i'm rooting for this guy to overcome her hypnotism (even though hypnotism doesn't work like that at all irl).
Ayumu wants to earn senpai's respect in shogi because he knows the important place shogi has in her life. It's still a silly thing, and if he ever ends up beating her i bet he'll see it too, but it's not some macho bullshit lol, chill.

I think part of why the hypnosis works is trust. If he stops liking her then he can confess lol.

Since Harmless Monsters is a group they should be considered a singular entity and thus it should be "presents" and not "present".

I can respect their determinations, facing certain defeat, both square up and face fate fearlessly.
Perhaps it's a case of insanity but still.

Dex-chan lover
@Rabidfish
i'm rooting for this guy to overcome her hypnotism (even though hypnotism doesn't work like that at all irl).

Hypnosis can work like that if (at some point before what's shown in the manga) Sakurakou hypnotized Takeru deeply with a proper induction a few times with the post-hypnotic suggestion that he'd go back into a trance when he sees her swing the 50 yen coin on a string and then she re-enforced the suggestion repeatedly every time he goes under. Swinging the coin is his trigger.

In this chapter, he can say that he's trying not to go under but part of him might still want to be hypnotized anyway. I think Takeru is also one of the ~10% of people who are "somnambulists" who are extra-receptive to hypnotic suggestions, the same type of people who make good subjects at stage hypnosis shows.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, so the second couple will never make any progress? Good to know.

Users who are viewing this thread