Soredemo Kimi o Shiawase ni Shitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 14 - You are such a guy

Dex-chan lover
I've commented to my wife as a semi-joke a few times that I could live in a cave as long as it high-speed internet.
Only difference is that I think this guy is completely serious

Dex-chan lover
I don't need to read all of that to understand you're too in your own world that you won't accept anything other than your own "truth"
"I didn't read any of what you said, and I don't want to engage it, but I know you're wrong, and you'll never change your mind"

Got it.

Dex-chan lover
"I didn't read any of what you said, and I don't want to engage it, but I know you're wrong, and you'll never change your mind"

Got it.
I literally said and I quote "I don't need to read all of that"
Where is your reading comprehension lol

You keep repeating that the only purpose for men to work out and get a job is to chase women, me and the other person have tried to debate you on that but you are literally living in your own world and refuse to acknowledge anything other than your own world as the truth

You keep projecting your own experiences onto others, stop that, that won't help anyone

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Well... Yeah. He is a guy. You and your split personality are being the biggest cock-block ever devised by mankind. What more do you want to say? You faint when he holds your fucking hand, woman. If anything, you brought this upon yourself.

At this point, the MC should just yield. Since every small thing he does brings out his girlfriend's cock-block personality, he should just ignore her 24/7 and communicate with pigeons or some shit. Maybe he should transfer schools and video-call her every 3 months.

Maybe I should stop reading this thing.

Dex-chan lover

Got it.
Actually maybe you don't have bad reading comprehension maybe you just twist others words to fit your made up world.

Dex-chan lover
I literally said and I quote "I don't need to read all of that"
"All" refers to the set, not the quantity. If I say "I don't want to run the whole marathon", I'm not implying that I'd be fine running some of the marathon. When you say you're "Not reading all that", you're saying you're not reading any of it. A funny quirk of English.
You keep repeating that the only purpose for men to work out and get a job is to chase women, me and the other person have tried to debate you on that but you are literally living in your own world and refuse to acknowledge anything other than your own world as the truth
I say men do hard things for women, and your response is "Well I'm different, so you're wrong!". I don't know what you're expecting after that, but it's certainly not going to be more discussion. Did you want me to tell you you're actually doing it for women? Because you might just be lying to yourself, but we're not going to have a talk about your psychology on a public forum.

Face it: All you know is that I'm saying men live for women. You probably didn't notice the part where I started to explain a bit. Probably didn't care, either.
You keep projecting your own experiences onto others, stop that, that won't help anyone
Pot, meet kettle.

Dex-chan lover
"All" refers to the set, not the quantity. If I say "I don't want to run the whole marathon", I'm not implying that I'd be fine running some of the marathon. When you say you're "Not reading all that", you're saying you're not reading any of it. A funny quirk of English.
Quite literally twisting my words, that's not what it means, I read the part that was meant for me and I read some of the part that was meant for the other person, hence the "I don't need to read all of that" to understand the premise

Definition for "All"
all
/ɔːl/
used to refer to the whole quantity or extent of a particular group or thing.

I say men do hard things for women, and your response is "Well I'm different, so you're wrong!". I don't know what you're expecting after that, but it's certainly not going to be more discussion. Did you want me to tell you you're actually doing it for women? Because you might just be lying to yourself, but we're not going to have a talk about your psychology on a public forum.
Literally living in your own world holy shit, you didn't say men do hard things for women, you said men only live for women, BIG DIFFERENCE, as the other person said, yes some may do but most live for THEMSELVES

Face it: All you know is that I'm saying men live for women. You probably didn't notice the part where I started to explain a bit. Probably didn't care, either.
Oh I noticed it alright, I noticed the absolute bullshit, men don't live for women, you are projecting hard

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Definition for "All"
Definition of "Figure of Speech"
figure of speech

noun​

1. An expression that uses language in a nonliteral way, such as a metaphor or synecdoche, or in a structured or unusual way, such as anaphora or chiasmus, or that employs sounds, such as alliteration or assonance, to achieve a rhetorical effect.
Let's stop pretending like English isn't our first language. Unless it isn't yours? I've got at least two others I can bust out if this is hard for you. Nobody ever takes me up on the offer, though.

And now for my favorite new bit:
I've got someone who's trying to tell me (I don't need to read all of that to understand you're too in your own world that you won't accept anything other than your own "truth") was actually him saying that he read some of what was written. I'm telling him that phrase doesn't imply that he read some of it.

You're correct in your interpretation that the phrase "I don't need to read all of that to understand you're too in your own world that you won't accept anything other than your own 'truth'" doesn't necessarily imply that the person has read some of your message. Instead, it suggests a dismissal of your points without fully engaging with them. Here’s how you can clarify and address this misunderstanding in the conversation:
  1. Clarify Intent: Explain that the phrase used indicates an assumption about the content and your stance, rather than a reflection of having engaged with the material. You could say something like, "When you say you didn’t need to read everything to understand my position, it comes across as if you're dismissing my points without fully considering them."
  2. Encourage Full Engagement: You might encourage a more thorough reading by stating, "I believe that if you read through my entire message, you might see where I'm coming from, or at least understand the details of my argument better."
  3. Focus on Specifics: Ask them to point out specific parts of your message they disagree with or find problematic. This can steer the conversation towards a more constructive and focused discussion. For instance, "Could you specify which parts you think reflect me being in my own world? It would help me understand your perspective better."
  4. Express Willingness to Discuss: Show openness to dialogue by affirming your interest in their viewpoint, "I’m interested in hearing your thoughts and am open to different interpretations. Let’s discuss this more deeply."
  5. Address the Underlying Concern: The accusation of being "too in your own world" suggests a perceived closed-mindedness. Address this by affirming your openness to dialogue: "I assure you, I’m open to considering different viewpoints, and I’d appreciate it if we could both approach this discussion with an open mind."
By addressing the issue this way, you not only clarify the misunderstanding but also redirect the conversation towards a more productive and respectful exchange.

It's very conciliatory. I appreciate its politeness, but I feel like its assumption that the other party is interested in dialogue is naïve.

Literally living in your own world holy shit, you didn't say men do hard things for women, you said men only live for women, BIG DIFFERENCE, as the other person said, yes some may do but most live for THEMSELVES
If you're ever interested in actually talking to me, put the weights down, read what I said, and come back when you find out what "monomania" means (That's a hint).

Dex-chan lover
I've got someone who's trying to tell me (I don't need to read all of that to understand you're too in your own world that you won't accept anything other than your own "truth") was actually him saying that he read some of what was written. I'm telling him that phrase doesn't imply that he read some of it.
Then you just misunderstood lol, it ain't the end of the world you don't have to make a thousand excuses, I didn't read all of it but was I wrong with the premise of your argument? I'm waiting.....

If you're ever interested in actually talking to me, put the weights down, read what I said, and come back when you find out what "monomania" means (That's a hint).
It's less so interested it's more so impossible, you literally don't try to understand anyone and just force your experience onto others, going back to the other person for example, they said
This is obviously not true for everyone but hey, maybe it is for some. For me, I'm willing to clean and stuff for my hobbies and seek health for a longer life, completely unrelated to any romantic bullshit.
Which you answered with a "Riiiiiight" meme, that is quite literally forcing what you believe onto others and assuming they aren't living for themselves and are "secretly" living for women, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Men Don't Live for Women so stop projecting, there's asexual men and they are living just fine with their own hobbies and friendships just like any other man

If you didn't have to think about love, or at least sex, you'd have no reason to do anything more than the bare minimum. Nobody likes working. I'm a very self-motivated kind of guy, and even I'm doing the bare minimum since I don't have any romantic prospects. I can't imagine how much less I'd spend and do if I didn't have a sex drive to worry about.
uh thats just u man, hobbies and friends exist, romance and sex is nice and all but it aint somethin to strive for nor is it our reason to live, maybe urs but not ours

No, ask any gym bro, we work out because we want to stay in shape and take care of OUR body, we work out because of our masculinity that makes us WANT to work out, not because of some woman
gym bros for life, never stop the grind 😤

Dex-chan lover
Then you just misunderstood lol
No, you misspoke. The fault is on your end for using a figure of speech, then expecting the listener to take it literally.
I didn't read all of it but was I wrong with the premise of your argument? I'm waiting.....
If you think the premise of my argument is "Every waking breath a man takes is done with the explicit, and conscious end of attracting a woman", or anything along those lines, then yes. If that's not what you think, you should probably counter with something other than "Well I do a thing that's not for women. Stop projecting!"

Remember that hint I gave you?
Which you answered with a "Riiiiiight" meme, that is quite literally forcing what you believe onto others and assuming they aren't living for themselves and are "secretly" living for women
There's no response to "Well I have a personal experience!". Are we going to have a personal-experience-off now? Do I tell you about all the things I do for women, you tell me all the things you don't, and the one with the biggest list wins?

What was your end game there?

uh thats just u man, hobbies and friends exist, romance and sex is nice and all but it aint somethin to strive for nor is it our reason to live, maybe urs but not ours
It's men's. I've asked before, but do you think men buy luxury cars, flash money, and work long hours because they're just so damn happy making their own lives harder?

Dex-chan lover
No, you misspoke. The fault is on your end for using a figure of speech, then expecting the listener to take it literally.
My message is grammatically correct and you took it differently, it's no ones fault you just misunderstood what the message was

If you think the premise of my argument is "Every waking breath a man takes is done with the explicit, and conscious end of attracting a woman", or anything along those lines, then yes. If that's not what you think, you should probably counter with something other than "Well I do a thing that's not for women. Stop projecting!"
Never said that, never thought it, you're saying that the main thing men work towards and have as a goal is sleeping with women and that is dead wrong, just because that's your goal doesn't mean it's everyone elses, you said I'm different because I'm not like that but that's the thing, in that case I'm just like any other man, men don't have women as their goal

There's no response to "Well I have a personal experience!". Are we going to have a personal-experience-off now? Do I tell you about all the things I do for women, you tell me all the things you don't, and the one with the biggest list wins?

What was your end game there?
You're literally basing your entire argument off personal experience and projecting that onto others actions

It's men's. I've asked before, but do you think men buy luxury cars, flash money, and work long hours because they're just so damn happy making their own lives harder?
Only a small portion of men do that, like come on a lot of people like luxury things whether it be cars or jewelry
Before you say this is contradicting let me just say there's a difference between liking luxury and actually striving to get luxury things

Dex-chan lover
My message is grammatically correct and you took it differently, it's no ones fault you just misunderstood what the message was
If you can't even take responsibility for a basic miscommunication, I can't be bothered to read the rest. When there's a problem, you think it's everyone else's fault. You can't even imagine that you misspoke, and you can't imagine that you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm done. This isn't fun anymore.

Dex-chan lover
If you can't even take responsibility for a basic miscommunication, I can't be bothered to read the rest. When there's a problem, you think it's everyone else's fault. You can't even imagine that you misspoke, and you can't imagine that you don't understand what I'm saying. I'm done. This isn't fun anymore.
I never said it was anyones fault you just took it differently since people interpret things differently

But sure I'd gladly end this, I'm not sure what kind of life you're living but I hope you can find hobbies, friends & a goal that isn't women

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing this is news to you. Men are motivated by women, and their monomaniacal interests. Whenever you see a construction worker putting in extra hours, there's usually a woman in the picture. Men seek status because it's what women like. Or did you really think men just inherently liked to buy overly-expensive cars, and throw money around? Men work out to attract women. Every stupid thing a man's ever done has either been because his stupid friends talked him into it, or because he did it for a woman.

Even when the men aren't explicitly motivated by women, the very reason they have an obsession to do these things only exists because it helps them get women.

How many men that you know have a monomaniacal obsession with exercise, hard labor, and spending money? Few, if any. My obsessions happen to be translation and Velomobiles. And an economy isn't running off those.

iu

The internet is not a substitute for Human connection.

I'll speak for everyone else too.
peak projection bro

Dex-chan lover
So you do hard things you hate for no reason at all?
slippery slope much? I don't just hate everything I'm doing unless there are no chicks involved. Maybe you do. I find that sad. Maybe you don't. However, I find that I enjoy things with or without women. I think it'd be foolhardy to generalise a wider population based off of an individual experience, and thus it is necessary to consider the general population as at the very least a mix of the potential cases here - which would mean how you've positioned that absolutely everything a guy does is for women would not be the case. I mean, do you play sport for women? Play video games for women? Do you go on youtube, read manga, all for the single-minded desire to breed?

Most people tend to have hobbies and whatnot that they enjoy. I dunno if you only have your hobbies to look cool to women or what but that doesn't extend to everyone. At least, just from the fact that there've been a few people who were bothered enough to comment on a mangadex forum page would indicate that people disagree.

Also, afaik asexual people exist. So would they just not do anything then? lol

Dex-chan lover
slippery slope much?
I don't think that means what you think it means.
which would mean how you've positioned that absolutely everything a guy does is for women would not be the case. I mean, do you play sport for women? Play video games for women? Do you go on youtube, read manga, all for the single-minded desire to breed?
Notice what happened: I said a thing. Repeatedly. It upset you in ways you can't readily describe, so you shut yourself off and looked within: You stopped reading what I said, and started listening to the strawman you built in your mind.

I mention that men are motivated by women, then point out a series of things that are, at best, difficult and unpleasant, and at worst, hurt the man objectively, then finally finish off with a general example. You snap with a kneejerk response. I ask a probing question, which restates the point. You start telling me about your hobbies.

I tell you about a man putting in hours at his job; you tell me about reading manga.

I tell you about a man seeking status; you tell me about watching YouTube.

I tell you about men making it rain; you tell me about playing videogames.

This ties into the topic of the economy collapsing if men lost their sex drive, because the economy doesn't thrive off a bunch of men sitting around in their rooms reading manga, watching YouTube, playing videogames, and jerking off all day!
At least, just from the fact that there've been a few people who were bothered enough to comment on a mangadex forum page would indicate that people disagree.
No one's listening. They disagree with something, but that something isn't anything I've said. If you really feel compelled to keep responding to this, do us both a favor and read over what I've said until it doesn't upset you anymore. You literally can't engage with the topic when you're getting this emotional.

Users who are viewing this thread