Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii

Will Nike ever stop being the damsel in distress? It's getting quite repetative.
On another note, I was having the exact same thoughts as Nike about Galta ^^

jak

Contributor
This new guy who stole Nike is even worse than the annoying Prince guy from the desert kingdom.

He straight up tries to rape Nike at one point.

The main problem I have with Nike is that she's too forgiving. I get wanting to make Livi a better person and king, but some of these antagonist need to be punished/die for their actions.

Dex-chan lover
Can someone recommend me a manga like this one, but with a better protagonist? Nike decisions and reactions are bad for my peace of mind.

Group Leader
Have read until the latest raw in Japan

Wew, it's becoming less of shoujo manga and more of shounen JRPG. About to save the world, Livi to become the greatest king and Nike to prove "even so, the word is still beautiful" even after everything that happened. Almost no moment of peace and romance, really, this is not for faint hearts who only can read love comedy shoujo manga

Nike's naivety kinda irritates me tbh. Someone needs to be killed with their actions in this manga, a Vassal straight up kidnapping the Queen doesn't get punished ? what the heck ?

Can someone please translate the rest of the chapters. I don't know where they even have these chapters at. The Japanese raw version I mean. All I ever find is Spanish. I can only read English and a very small bit of Japanese. If someone can translate the remain of the chapters or might send me the Japanese raw version. I'm very sorry if I'm at the wrong spot to ask this. I only just seen that this is the only website that has up to chapter 101. I thought that the writer was on a hiatus when I only ever found chapter 96 in Spanish and only up to 95 in English that was translated. Sorry if anyone was annoyed by this comment. And thanks for any help.

Good but not just my taste, and there are a few parts that make me feel unsettling.
This is recommended reading if you want to see more about the kingdom with its political problems (what I mean here is no blushy fluttery kinda thing). But rather...
Nike, as the other members said, the reaction and movements seemed stiff and slightly forced.
Akagami no Shirayukihime much better than this, even though the atmosphere is more calm, without much tragedy.

Dex-chan lover
I'll get back to reading this once I estimate the mountain arc is finished. It's so annoying. Perhaps its conclusion will be easier to stomach if I can read the remaining chapters back to back.

Dex-chan lover
I'm tempted to get back to this one, but i know it's just gonna piss me off like it did the first time 😬

If nephero is not beheaded after he all his doing to offend the queen and sun kingdom, i will drop this shit

Dex-chan lover
This manga had so much promise at the beginning and should have ended way over like 50 chapters ago. The Duchy arc with Nephero is the WORST arc to date. Not only did we have to:
-Put up with Nike's rape scene. And yes she was raped, he may not have penetrated her, but considering how her gown was pulled up all the way past her waist, you can bet your ass he at the very least had oral with her. He sure enjoyed sucking on her body. That was full blown sexual assault. Why did we have to read through that. The mangaka just did this to her own character for the shock value of it. After dozens and dozens of chapters involving multiple kidnappings this mangaka decides to up the stakes with sexual assault for the shock value of it to show how messed up this villain is and yet....
-We had to actually see Nike pull the EMPATHY card out for own rapist. Yeah if you were expecting her to hate him or anything well I just came from the spanish translation and that doesn't happen of course lmao. Im absolutely disgusted. Anything short of death for the bastard is letting him off lightly. And he even gets hurt over saving Nike and Levi from being hurt. Why give him that moment. And for this dumbass mangaka to have the nerve to draw Nike as still saying he was a good person, to still have Nike beg Levi to help him after he gets crushed like he deserved, that's too much. Jesus christ at least castrate the bastard.
-Nike apparently has little to no PTSD over the incident. What a fucking insult to sexual assault survivors. It's almost as if the mangaka wanted the cheap easy drama and brutality of a sexual assault scene without having to commit to the psychological after effects of the situation 🙃 🙃 🙃

The extent of how this mangaka wants Nike to be everything is ridiculous. She wants her to be powerful and magical. But not too powerful, still has to be easy to kidnap for cheap drama. She's also gotta be tough and plucky but have limitless kindness. She wants her to believe in good in everyone and that's her strongest quality. Pulling out compassion and empathy for her own rapist is what will really drive home the depths of her kindness apparently. She can be sad sometimes but she's the optimist and always has to say some inspiring short comment or speech that makes others feel better. Nike has to be the PERFECT heroine. She's not allowed to have moments where she grows and realizes she can't have that mindset with everyone so she will always be subject to the worst decision making and readers become increasingly frustrated with her even though it's not Nike's fault her mangaka is incompetent and completely inept at writing. Whether it's the story or characterization, Shiina Dai can somehow only keep writing arcs worst than the last ones. And it's a damn shame because there are good interesting characters here in this story yet they will never escape the reach of their mangaka's ineptitude.

Im so disappointed as to what this serious turned in to.

I've dropped this mange multiple times and I was thinking of picking it back up, but after reading @curetwinkle's comment, I think I'll leave it alone.
I really hate the whole trope of "the forgiving heroine who is good because she lets terrible people who assault her off without any consequences" that I see in manga and just stories in general. I swear to god, I've read so many stories where there is a male character who sexually assaults the female lead and then is considered a love interest or a friend immediately afterward, and nobody in the story bats an eye but the main male lead, and even he only cares because he's on some creepy possessive shit. And the boy king in this is definitely on some creepy possessive shit. The first time I dropped this story was when he decided to imprison Nike in a tower because...abusive jealousy...and she "fixed" him with rain-singing and "love." Nope.
I think that the author can't empathize with her own main character. She just uses the plot to attack Nike over and over again, and then writes Nike in a way where she accepts everything and is "nice," and just takes it lying down even though she is a queen. Niceness is overrated. I have a running list of characters who should be executed ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread