Soshite Kaede wa Hanayaka ni Saku - Ch. 23

Fed-Kun's army
The way the older sister is so overprotective over Kaede makes me laugh aw. Thanks for translating!

is nobody gonna talk about how this makes no sense

like I mean the mother this whole safety place with all these people
and your telling me not a single person in that safety place wants to donate there limbs to the mother??
like wouldn't it be an honor to them to donate there limbs for the sake of there

Dex-chan lover
@iwanttoreadstuff probably something about being similar genes and whatnot. What I'm questioning more is whether she can even feel the nerves on the arm and legs. I mean as far as I know reattaching limbs isn't as easy as just connecting them back to the body and expecting them to function again especially if they were someone else's.

Also props to Saki-nee being protective of her sis.

This manga logic lol, limbs are like lego or sumn they can just take off and put it on again and again

It's weird that they keep pretending this is realistic or scientific, instead of adding a supernatural element. If they just made her dad some kind of wizard, it would have ironed out the suspension of disbelief problem we have here.

It doesn't make me enjoy the story any less, but it does make it inherently silly as a story and not able to be recommended.

Dex-chan lover
Not sure in which part the story has taken itself seriously tbh, considering that limb reattachment is something that still troubles medicine nowadays and it's part of vanguardist scientific studies, so people complaining about the whole limb thing in a manga that clearly doesn't follow real life standards is kind of mind numbing.

Double-page supporter
I'm gonna hop on board this conversation to say that her mother never had limbs in the first place, so her body wouldn't have the proper nerve endings, muscles, and tendons to even use those limbs. The muscles to articulate your arms reach all the way to the center of your back... that's kinda the whole point of shoulder muscles.

Dex-chan lover
So, hang on. Kaede is her hands and feet--that's their unbreakable connection. But she's going off to get her actual hands and feet back. At what point does Kaede start to wonder about being replaced?

Well no tragedy tag so I think we're in the clear, main characters aren't going to die. Still pretty nervous for how this is going to play out though.

Thanks for the translations!

@MrMcNasty lmao true true. Maybe we get more backstory and in a plot twist it was in fact HER MOTHER WHO STOLE HER LIMBS!!!!!!!!!
na that would be kinda weird lol

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, there are so many plot holes when it comes to the medical stuff in this series, literally all of it so far has just been dead wrong and impossible.

the moms gonna throw herself in a blender before shes killed so she wont have to give those limbs back i swear.

older sis isnt ready to see her imouto get married just yet

The most confusing part to me is why people are expecting the medical knowledge in this manga to be on the level. It's not like it's a how-to guide for surgery.

Fed-Kun's army
The medical shit in this mango is just like Madara removing with his fingers kakashi's Sharingan and then putting him in his eyehole.

Users who are viewing this thread