Souei Sousho - Ch. 36 - Path

Dex-chan lover
So a fakeout, I don't mind honestly, the tension was there and if you consider the incomplete immortality pill held the wound on it's fresh state up to the point Kansei could get treatment, I find it believable enough (and quite the good resource it'd be if it was consistent like this, in a RTS or RPG we'd keep that ready all the time).

Interesting that the situation between the princess and Shou was acknowledged and not brushed aside, makes me wonder if she'd only keep the relationship with Kansei for appearances and that she'd be Shou's wife (as they she said the vows were with him there at the end), though since the time they spent together was so short (and how young they are, even considering the political expectations) it was mostly a friendship that bloomed, and even though the romance is not far behind, I prefer the choice the author made to not artificially rush it there at the end.

Anyway, it'd be nice if the author had a bit more space and time to develop the story more (as well as the characters and factions), but they did a fine job with this series and I'm very happy to have had the opportunity to read it. So as always, @kon, thank you very much for the scanlation. :meguu: 👍

Last edited:

pzz

Fed-Kun's army
I think it would've been cool if they used the emperor's ashes as the last ingredient to perfect the antidote, since the sorcerer said you need the ashes of a family member to revive the empress. Maybe that would've been too grim lol.

Thanks for the scanlation!

Dex-chan lover
hmmm i quite like the ending tbh. it's not v rushed in their current established relationships nor too far fetched. so the princess will be with shou but how about their children and so forth?

Dex-chan lover
And that's it. It's sad that the work ended so quickly due to low sales, i would have liked to have seen the "true ending" if there had been more time to develop the characters and situations. The biggest mystery was... Sui En and Shou (like, she married the emperor...!). Anyway. I hope Erika-sensei has better sales in her next work~ :aquadrink:
Thanks for translating the whole series.

Dex-chan lover
;~; so bittersweet man. I was hoping this manga would go on for hundreds of chapters. Copium.

Thank you for translating until the end!!!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter and all the hard work on the series. It was really good even if I think it was cut short in a few places.

Fed-Kun's army
with so many unsatisfying endings recently, this is nice. A good satisfying ending, nothing crazy, just nice.

VIP
series has very interesting premise, which sadly author declining health make the pace suffer and ending prematurely. still has good ending all things considered. 8/10.

Double-page supporter
Thank you for translating the series! It was such a fun read with loveable characters! I liked it a lot, thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread