Soul Land III - The Legend of the Dragon King - Ch. 116

thanks for the chapter , but is that group really hoping to get an artist to get them a logo and stuff for publicity? is this a joke do they think artist work for free? the best course of action would be to get some donations and then pay for the artist work, if they can get the money that is.

@flarecrack
They are relatively new to the scanlating business, around 6 months old. They either don't know how to create a pateron but assume it's on the website, or give out the wrong name for their pateron. I would assume the only way to donate is with a direct link to this pateron or their discord, so they probably won't receive much donations. Unless YouTube sooomehow gives them monetization(which I doubt because of the copy-right laws and such). They actually might be losing money from paying staff(assuming they are paid(they probably aren't though)), and "buying the images from onemahua.com," which isn't really a website but ok.
Point being, they gain zero income from this(as far as research tells me). This is the most they can do, it's not wise to get someone to do a free logo and use it. But they can use that they want I guess.

Power Uploader
@flarecrack
Our group has not had any donations. We barely started to put a link for PayPal and don’t have a Patreon yet. We do not currently have a website generating ad revenue. Nobody is paid to scanlate in our group. We put the same reward as other groups, like Asura and Hero Manhua. Discord Nitro is a month service for $10 USD for a circular logo that is static or dynamic, or a background picture.

Users who are viewing this thread