Sounan desu ka? - Vol. 6 Ch. 73 - Together, the Four of Us

Dex-chan lover
So, endgame soon i guess ? Even if the preparations will take quite a while, between the bulding of a boat for 4 persons and make enough provisions for the trip. I think of a end wherethe 4 of them are take in a storm with her boat and capsized but Homare's dadsaw them and rescue them in his boat and take them back to safety.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

Maybe.

It would be a real stretch for her father to rescue them under such circumstances. Further, their building a boat for four people does not result in a boat adequate for seven people, and in the absence of intersecting paths there's a problem with resolving the rescue of her father and of his two companions if the girls are simply successful — the girls don't know of those three, though those three know of the girls.

It wouldn't make good sense for her father and his two companions too have built a boat for seven people; a better plan for those three would be for them to escape and get help for the four girls.

It may be the intention of the author to have the boat project founder, or the structure of the boat be retasked in an emergency, which leaves the boat unusable for the purpose that the characters originally planned.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt— 

His original boat was destroyed. It wouldn't make sense for him to have built a boat for seven rather than getting help. It would be quicker and safer to get a naval rescue boat to retrieve the girls once he found his way back to ordinary civilization.

KZO

Dex-chan lover
They seriously need to drill into Homare's head that she belongs together with them, island or not.

I wonder how these 3 would have handled the winter if Homare had left and didn't come back for them before that.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilliwyt

No big deal.

I'm not sure that the author is going to provide a resolution that makes sense — especially as these series tend to run until suddenly the publisher gives them an unreasonably short deadline to wrap things up. But it doesn't seem the girls' sailing off works very well as story-telling unless they are forced to return to the island one which they now find themselves. Perhaps they will do just that, after encountering the group with her father.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder how many chapters the author will need to finish the last arc. Given that they last 10-15 pages, this should not be particularly long.

Dex-chan lover
QwoXpEb.jpg

Will they ever get out of the island? And for goodness sake, where the heck is the japanese search and rescue team? You got one job!

Dex-chan lover
I like this way more than the classic ''I've got to do it alone'' trope. They've spent 73 chapters learning from Homare and being a team after all, it would kinda suck if the other girls were just ''off screen'' for the end, waiting for Homare to be a hero.

Dex-chan lover
@kojiro481 Did you notice this just now? Homare all the time was the main MC, while other girls were responsible for humor, plot development and shipping. If they were boys, then she would definitely be a typical shonen hero.

Users who are viewing this thread