Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 13 Ch. 124 - The Shadow Warrior

Fed-Kun's army
Oh no, I've been reading this nonstop for like a couple weeks and now I've finally caught up.

Dex-chan lover
But he is a tank? That's the tank's job
My poin is that, the author is shitting on him the most. Himel And Eisen also a warrior but they don't get beaten to death whenever they fight an enemy.

When he always got beaten in early chapter, I can understand that since he still not an experience fighter. But in this late chapter seeing him got knocked out just by kick to the gut by the old man is too much.

Other than to hype the old man, just for Frieren to beat him latter since she is superior. I can't think of any reason.

Honestly I feel like Stark doesn't really do much and mage in this wold is overpower compare to warrior. Why need Stark when Frieren can just out power most enemy, when Fren can just spam zoltraak nonstop or snipe from from far away that enemy can't detect her or erase her presence and get behind enemy without them noticing.

yes there might some special circumstances, like when Frieren and Fren can't use magic because of magic canceling stone. But other that, Stark doesn't have much feat compare to these two. Fren was said to be prodigy as mage and it actually shown just by how much her feat I mention. Meanwhile Stark also said to be prodigy as warrior yet only become a punching bag almost all the time.

Sorry for me yapping, I just need to get this one out.

Dex-chan lover
My poin is that, the author is shitting on him the most. Himel And Eisen also a warrior but they don't get beaten to death whenever they fight an enemy.

When he always got beaten in early chapter, I can understand that since he still not an experience fighter. But in this late chapter seeing him got knocked out just by kick to the gut by the old man is too much.

Other than to hype the old man, just for Frieren to beat him latter since she is superior. I can't think of any reason.

Honestly I feel like Stark doesn't really do much and mage in this wold is overpower compare to warrior. Why need Stark when Frieren can just out power most enemy, when Fren can just spam zoltraak nonstop or snipe from from far away that enemy can't detect her or erase her presence and get behind enemy without them noticing.

yes there might some special circumstances, like when Frieren and Fren can't use magic because of magic canceling stone. But other that, Stark doesn't have much feat compare to these two. Fren was said to be prodigy as mage and it actually shown just by how much her feat I mention. Meanwhile Stark also said to be prodigy as warrior yet only become a punching bag almost all the time.

Sorry for me yapping, I just need to get this one out.
In case you haven't noticed this series doesn't fit a smol, cute and cuddly mascot character. Lots of fantasy and or slice of life stories usually feature a fluffy little fella that's beloved by the fanbase.

We don't have those here, we have smol Stark making sad Stark noises.

Dex-chan lover
Also, adventurers are not as easily controlled since they won't have any local connections to threaten by the state.
Adventurers in general seem to be such a pain in the ass for fantasy governments that I wonder how the fuck do they manage to get shit done.

They are a group of armed people of varying skill levels roaming all around the world,in search for treasure and generally working as mercenaries for people willing to pay. What prevents influential people from covertly hiring a group of them to assassinate political rivals or even assassinate the leaders of a region ? What prevents any group of adventurers from deciding that the fortunes of a small town or individuals look mighty easy to take control of ? Hell how do you prevent a coup when these people are roaming all around the country without any effective means of controlling their location and any day one of them is a weakling unable to cast anything beyond a basic fireball spell and the other some random schmuck is throwing meteorites to the king ?

Dex-chan lover
and then

The P L O T T H I C C E N

gotta admit
the author of this manga know what are they doing,
even after this,
there's many another quest from the story that curious us more the readers

Dex-chan lover
Stark needs to get hit a lot or be very afraid to get his engines going

Fed-Kun's army
It seems the final opponent is not the demon but the human himself.
but anything can happen, how the devil controls humans.

It's strange that this guy was sent here 30 years ago. Himmel died 31 years ago. So this list was created one year after Himmel passed away, and something like 50 years after the defeat of the demon king (I forget how much time passed between the defeat of the demon king and Himmel's death). And it aims specifically at keeping these people away from the capital, not hunting them down where they may be.

It does feel like it may be related to stray demons taking over the Empire after the defeat of the demon king. There's no reason to worry about Frieren otherwise, and to put her on a list a year after Himmel's death. And a demon sounds like the kind of being who would put a human on a task for 30 years and keep them there until it is done.
The highway is 30 years old, I suspect he was sent here way before the highway was made, back when the mountain pass was the only entrance.

Dex-chan lover
Reminds me of a WW2 Japanese soldier that hiding in Guam or Philippines(?) for over 20 years without knowing the war was over until his former commander told him to go home.
That man was such an idiot. He was outright told the war was over for years, executed members of his group that wanted to leave because it was getting kinda obvious the war was actually over, and slaughtered innocent civilians for decades. I used to feel sorry for the guy but after a certain point when reading about him one realizes he did it to himself.

Old man be quick. Old man be nimble. Old man beat up Stark without a sweat!

Dex-chan lover
5v3Rbug.jpg

the flag :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Previous chapter:Stark - I am gonna train harder than ever
This chapter: Stark- gets outpaced by an experienced warrior..

Dex-chan lover
Oh hell nah it's The Rooters
Elves are gonna get retconned into being mutant humans with pointy ears

Users who are viewing this thread