Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The End of the Adventure

Dex-chan lover
this was genuinely brilliant
I mean, I've read many, many manga in my life, but few have so effectively and elegantly dealt with the inherently transient relationship between elves and any other fantasy race.
Beautiful ambient art and storytelling done mostly via the art but without being pretentious.
Even if this had been just a oneshot, I would have loved this, but as it is, this might very well be my favourite introductory chapter ever.

I thought this would be the story of an elf's daily adventure when the demon king was defeated, when she said "I'll be back in 50 years" Then I realized, this story will hurt my kokoro
10/10

w-wait ... i dunno this manga would be a frckin sad hella touching story .. 😔

Dex-chan lover
Shouldn't time feel faster when you're older?

Because in relation to how long you've been alive that ratio will only becomes larger.

A kid just born, a day is 24 hours longer than he's been alive.
A million year old elf, one day is a tiny fraction.

Fed-Kun's army
This first chapter both moves you and gives you no inkling of just what the rest of the manga will be like, besides the obvious emotion of sadness.

@Lightbrand I agree. I suppose the exception is if you're unlucky enough to become one of those lonely, unoccupied old folk counting the days until they die.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck that's a really beautiful first chapter, absolutely enjoying the atmosphere. But the fact that Himmel shrunk so much that I thought he was the dwarf is seriously bugging me.

Dex-chan lover
Yooo~ I love this kind of atmosphere!!! It's way better than your generic isekai middle earth! Probably it's because of the wholesome focus rather than "MC acquires more waifus to the harem" plotline lol

This is the first time since TLOTR that I've seen depicted in this way how elves perceive the pass of time.

This manga is pure gold. Great storytelling with beautiful visuals without feeling pretentious.

le3

Dex-chan lover
This is fucking To you the immortal again AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA THE FEELS ITS HURT.!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread