Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - The End of the Adventure

I did not expect to be taken through an emotional roller coaster right in the first chapter.
(I had to stop myself from crying.)

Am I the only one disappointed that Himmel became so short? Yes? Alright I'll keep quiet.

With chapter 22 now Im more hyped than ever with this title, so this is my first reread and omg I forgot how good the 1st chapter is. Im so used to see Frieren being cold faced and unfazed most of the time that I forgot she was so livid and brighter in this chapter, and you can really see that Frieren is actually a lot more friendly that she herself realizes (I bet she wasn't aware of all those smiles she did with her party)
Seeing Frieren's reaction to Himmel's death and the whole stuff about not really understand/know him (and her party) compared to her behaviour on later chapters let you reralize that Frieren is now slowly understanding more her old companions. And with all those hints that Himmel is actually more special to Frieren than she herself is able to accept/undestand I bet there is gonna be an exact moment in this series were she is gonna realize this and is gonna hurt a LOT
(And as many people already tried to theorize, I also think that Himmel had a thing for Frieren/was interested romantically in her, and I really wanna see how she is gonna react with that)

Group Leader
this is kinda like to your eternity
i cried on the first chapter both times

i feel like the rest of the sad chapters will be when the priest dies tho

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell the hero dude was looking like a 100yo midget after just 50 years?

I re-read chapter 1 again after half a year, still got the same feeling... This manga is masterpiece

vodkavodka
I am going to assume Hemmel looks like that because he is now in his 80's. Most likely made his venture is his thirties well he was in his prime physically. A peek hero would be later twenties, early thirties. A mixture of age, training, and natural peek maturity to produce someone capable. Hemmel also was most likely was not kind to his body as he was a very caring individual whom went out of his way to help people.

Users who are viewing this thread