Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - New Year Anniversary

Dex-chan lover
Impossible, it can't be a progression of time sequence without Frieren ending up bent over with her face on the ground and her posterior in the air.

There's always a feeling of nostalgia seeing her memories of her old team even when we never saw their adventures outside of her flashbacks.

Dex-chan lover
Now I want to see Frieren’s mom. Probably just slightly taller and less slovenly

I think this chapter is not just about watching sunrise together with her friends. Himmel said before that Frieren will enjoy the sunrise because of who she is. Prior in this chapter we see that Frieren help the citizen clear the coast for a counterfeit grimoire. And latter in the end Frieren still didnt find watching the sunrise interesting. Yet she change her opinion soon after she saw the smile of Fern. I conclude that the source of her enjoyment is to watch other people being happy. This is feel make more sense than being happy doing something together with her friends since normally that what most people feel anyway. Instead Himmel said specifically the reason why she will have fun.

@TheSilverhand Yes yes that makes a lot of sense. Frieren (both in the past and now) focused too much on "watching the sunset", rather than "doing stuff with friends". I am sad that since Himmel knew, why didn't he do more and make her realise? In the first chapter she regretted not spending more time with the gang, but I'm wondering why the gang didn't find more excuses or ways to hang out together/invite frieren out?

Supporter
People are saying that the hero party should have woken her up to go see the sunrise, but they would also have had to help her get ready to go out, which involves changing her clothes. I image they all thought that would be inappropriate so they were likely forced to leave her alone. And it isn't like she was a child. In a party of adults, each is responsible for their own actions. They likely knocked on her door and, when she didn't answer, they had to leave her.

Dex-chan lover
@PSRTExperience It is most likely that but they didn't seem very angry in that flashback, and seeing that she didn't pick up Heiter's impatience either I wondered if there was another incident that she's referring to, in which they would have been more obviously angry.

Dex-chan lover
If this is lighthearted then I guess my heart doesn't lift. Guess he gotta sign up for a gym.

Himmel really understood her in ways she never even understood herself, huh. He's always the most prominent figure in Frieren's memories.

Fed-Kun's army
It's like she's going through the adventure again and reliving the experience through the memories they made.

Thanks again for another lovely chapter.

I have feeling that hero party and especially Himmel meant much more to Frieren than she shows it outside. I think she actually is looking for some kind of resurrection or reincarnation magic for them.
So it may end with her moving on after understanding life happiness (especially all those little moments) and sharing her lifespan with Fern or something.

@BookQueen
@th30wl
Fern is 17 now. There is short info about it each chapter as she was born 11 years after Himmel died.

Dex-chan lover
I just realized this but the time of story passes more slowly in between chapter when Frieren is accompanied by another person.
In the first and second chapter the time passed incredibly fast between chapters because Frieren is alone.

Users who are viewing this thread