Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 10 Ch. 96 - Master and Apprentice

Dex-chan lover
The curse reflection magic? I mean that's been hinted at since Serie fought him first.
Also if Denken could've won in a direct battle against Macht that "easily" they wouldn't have had to go to all the lengths to defeat him...

Just how old is Serie though, Frieren says talks in terms of "just years / decades" while she deadass said "just a century"... The elves are certainly cursed to live that long, although it wouldn't surprise me if she discovered some immortality spell during her already long natural lifespan either...

I know Denken did the reverse curse to gain time so Frieren can at least arrive safely to the empire, but Serie explained all to him, he will obviously die at this fight, but that spell feels like a big waste of his abilities for the next round.

Dex-chan lover
The curse reflection magic? I mean that's been hinted at since Serie fought him first.
Also if Denken could've won in a direct battle against Macht that "easily" they wouldn't have had to go to all the lengths to defeat him...

Just how old is Serie though, Frieren says talks in terms of "just years / decades" while she deadass said "just a century"... The elves are certainly cursed to live that long, although it wouldn't surprise me if she discovered some immortality spell during her already long natural lifespan either...
From all the little hints throughout the manga, especially from Serie, I believe that elves are biologically immortal. Meaning they won't get weaker with age and eventually die. Or at the very least, if they do have a maximum natural lifespan, no elf has ever reached it. Frieren is young. Her family died when she was very young, less than 200 I think. It would not surprise me if she simply doesn't know that elves live forever because her parents never bothered to mention it. Why would they, really? Young humans only learn about lifespans and aging and dying from old age when someone they knows dies of old age and their parents sit them down and explain why. Which obviously wouldn't have happened if they are immortal.

As for Serie's age, I believe she is older than human civilization. I'd say at the very least 10,000 years, probably more like 50,000.

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping that Frieren can at least get that power of self-reversal analyzed from his memories.

From all the little hints throughout the manga, especially from Serie, I believe that elves are biologically immortal.
I think the term is "functionally immortal".

As for Serie's age, I believe she is older than human civilization. I'd say at the very least 10,000 years, probably more like 50,000.
Yeah. She probably is in that range. Also, I wonder if Serie and Kraft know each other and which of them is older.

Users who are viewing this thread