Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 13 - Liberation Festival

Aggregator gang
Loving the journey so far. Also I know she is a knife ear but would you really call affection and reproductive instincts inferior if your species is going extinct? Like wouldn't that mean your species has a problem or are "inferior" if they achieved sapience and long life but lack the things to continue the species?

Double-page supporter
@D0ncoming5torm I agree, until this point Fern already look likes a nanny that always nagging to Freiren.

and of course, no one wouldn't like a special occasion where you can be praised, got feed, and massaged after waking up in the morning. 🤣

Dex-chan lover
Well, here's a different theory: Flamme created the elves with some homunculus magecraft to serve as living history books of magic, but most of them gradually died out because they weren't capable of progenation (possibly due to the lack of emotions). Frieren just happens to be one of the last of her kind, but she's also slowly acquiring "human" emotions, which would presumably enable her to prolong her species.

Wonder when they meet other races or if there will be 4 person to join this part.
Also funny how Himmel manage to brake Frieren shell and get to her as friend or even something more. Going as far as preparing things for the future. Anyway another good chapter.

@viewers101
There is Flammel chapter (before Stark arc) so you should reread it probably. In short (old chapter so no spoiler, but well warning anyway)
she is Frieren master and she left her a gift- way to reach afterlife so she would have chance to talk with her party and maybe do something more like resurrection or something.

@VINT64 I think the statue shown in the flashback is the one that ended up in the forest that was shown some times ago. Where Frieren grew a flower bed.

@VINT64
I know, but those two show Himmel in the same posture. That's why I thought that they put the statue in a random forest rather than just throwing it away.
Edit : I checked chapter 3. It seems that the posture isn't exactly the same anyway. (his right hand is farther from his body in this one)

They would've existed not a part of a fairytale more people will remeber their faces for much longer time than flamme, damn so those statues were not just himmel's narcissime but also him thinking about frieren.

Wasn't there a giant barrier and travel wasn't permitted? I guess well forget about that real quick

Dex-chan lover
@Miriable
Oh nice. Always thankful for the little tidbits of information, since I don't understand German much. :eek:

Double-page supporter
Every chapter of Himmel and Frieren just make me want them to be happy and love each other ....
oh well, doujin here I go.

@AureaYami
I know but there is apparently travel happening on the road to the next city which is also a completely normal city at peace. Why even bother to introduce a barrier when it means nothing?

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the amazing translation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread