Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Phantom Corpse

can himmel like back to life again? or maybe a reincarnation? cause im cryin every time frieren mentions him ;-;

Dex-chan lover
The fact Himmel first appeared in Frieren's mind. Unconscious or Dense love?

Banned
This old cliché... again.
Resolved in a matter of moments.

@alexthestupidn : "Based on what" only qualifies as a meme if it is being said explicitly to reference previous iterations of the statement. If it is asked as a genuine question, which is common enough to be true in probably the majority of cases, then it isn't the meme at all.

@SotiCoto If you're just gonna judge stories based on clichés and think they're boring, maybe you should just stop at chapter 1 and never have moved on. Saying that plot points the author writes in the story being stupid and such, you're never going to enjoy a story. If you think everything should go the way you think it should, and never do anything you don't like, maybe you shouldn't even read fantasy stories at all.

Banned
@Karendesuu : Have you honestly never heard the phrase "never judge a book by its cover"? I get that it is quite old by now, and kids these days probably don't even read books with physical covers any more... but basically it means I've got to at least TRY to experience something to get an informed opinion about it... even if doing so feels like wading through a slurry-pit.
This story IS boring. An overly clichéd story IS a bad thing and SHOULD be judged accordingly.
And no, I don't think everything should go the way I think it should, as if a story goes in any way I can predict in advance, then it isn't as good as it could be. A truly great story does the unexpected on a regular basis, and even attempts to expect the unexpected fail.

And if you can't handle the existence of legitimate criticism of something you just happen to be reading, maybe you shouldn't even read fantasy stories at all. Heck, if you can't roll a 12 on 2D6, maybe you shouldn't even read fantasy stories at all.

... I'm mocking you, by the way.

@SotiCoto "Legitimate criticism"? Real criticism would give solutions to problems that they point out. Meanwhile all I see from your "criticism" is just "I don't like this" "I don't like that" "this is boring", with no real "how to make it better/ more interesting".
But hey, to each their own. If you think it's bad, that's ok. People have their own tastes. Just wanted to say to you that people rate it a 10 because they liked it. Ratings would never be suited to your tastes. So don't sort by ratings then rant about how it shouldn't be highly rated in the comments. Maybe just go wild next time and read random titles, maybe you'll find one you like or one you don't like even more than this. Who knows.

Banned
@Karendesuu : Engage brain a little, if you can. This isn't the sort of context where I could supply advice to the author to make their work better. I don't speak Japanese, and I doubt most original mangakas or LN writers read English translation sites. The modern cliché of "constructive criticism", riddled in the positivity agenda as it is, quite obviously doesn't apply in this situation.

The criticism here, rather, is not for the author but leaving my opinion here as a data-point for other readers. In case anyone follows your poor advice and decides to judge this entirely by the words of other readers instead of checking it for themselves and forming an independent opinion of their own.

Just wanted to say to you that people rate it a 10 because they liked it.
Do you realise how stupid that is?
I rate something a 6 or 7 if I merely like it. 10s are best reserved for ABSOLUTE FUCKING PERFECTION.... yet retards throw around 10s and 1s as if nothing even existed inbetween. It makes the rating system a complete mess not just on this site but practically every other site that has ever involved ratings from the general public.
Fun fact: I just accidentally lowered the rating of one of my favourite manga ever made because I gave it a 9/10. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the fact that people are rating things they just like higher than I rate some of the best stuff I've ever read... but they REALLY don't get how rating things out of 10 is supposed to work.

A straight-forward chapter that gives us a chance to see Himmel again, neat.

I see a psuedo-intellectual in the comments below belting out an entire essay about how this story is simple and therefore bad. Can't these insufferable twats just admit they are jaded and cannot enjoy a story without multiple layers of irony and nonsensical twists galore?
Simple but well executed is better than a shitty twist.

Fed-Kun's army
my recommendation to everyone coming after me just block @SotiCoto u will not see any of his comments, don't bother. He is just Bitter man with 2 much time on his hand. The manga is so "BAD" that he read it anyway and take a time to teach everyone that his point of view is only right one :) in every chapter :D

anyway thx for translate, Great Manga :D deserve High score

Banned
I suggest a counter-alternative to everyone:

Block @Matt913 for being a shameless troll. Anyone who has nothing better to do with their time than stir up trouble isn't worth seeing.

Some people in this comments are either trolls or they're just plain worthless. Get a life will ya sheesh though I don't really care if you people won't change :/

@Matt913 That is precisely what I just did 3 chapters ago. I don't understand why he wouldn't just drop this manga if he doesn't enjoy it. Makes you wonder what kind of life experiences this guy has had. Must've been hurt bad or is just plain trolling. Anyway, 5000+ people gave this manga a 10 and I am certainly enjoying it as well. A series of pseudo-intellectual/depressing comments aren't gonna dissuade me anytime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread