Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Phantom Corpse

Dex-chan lover
Himmel looked at her with full conviction and when he dropped that line was just unf

Fed-Kun's army
Himmel basically

tenor.gif

Fed-Kun's army
How sad is it that Frieren is slowly starting to realize her love for Himmel so many years after the fact?

Oof. This is a beautiful love story and tragic.

Dex-chan lover
@Pyoro Don't worry, you're not alone. I've only started this series recently, because it was the highest rated manga in my "Plan to read" tab and now I'm wondering why that is.
It is good, but I kinda expected more. So far I feel like I've seen more implied depth than actual complex emotions being displayed.

Fed-Kun's army
I died a little when Himmel said 'shoot me' and I loved it haha love the sad feels

Thank you for the amazing translation!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dex-chan lover
How old is Fern again? Its been 28 years after the priest died, so Fern should be in the upper 30s or even lower 40s. Damn, thats halfway through normal human age

@Pyoro
Well, i kinda agree with u, this chapter was a little bit cheap...
Then again, i understand that not every chapter need a same weigh, some are heavier while others are lighter..
Even action movies are not full throttle all the time, just hope that this is just a calm before the storm...

@Nakanowatari
Not the corrupt priest, but hero Himmel....there is a 20 year gap between himmel's death and the priest's...fern probably around 14 to 15 when she met frieren, so probably she is in the mid 20's...

Double-page supporter
@sssr I don't think they have a choice of who to project. It's whoever is strongest in the person's memories at the time.

@Pyoro I think this manga is supposed to be light-hearted and simple (but not in goofy way, which is nice), it never implied anything more than that since the first chapters. Doesn't mean it's not a pleasure to read. I can't really think of anything to complain about. Does that justify such a high rating, well it's just random people's opinions :D

Himmel is so cool that he actually made me post a comment for once! He is a hero to the core, even in death he advises her to do the right thing and shoot him.

Users who are viewing this thread