Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 4 Ch. 37 - First Class Exam

Supporter
Yeah in retrospect seems just a less impetus with demons weaker thing - magic study has, after all, greatly improved since the Hero Party did their thing.

@Grumpyfelo
medieval society and the spread of information, they might know an elf assisted the hero but have no precise image of the person.
it's bean almost 30 years so most younger people might not know about it or care.
and even then most people would might just be more concerned with their own lives.

@Kampfarsch I understand your pain, I remember when Kubo Tite used Spanish phrases in the Bleach manga, it was always a pain to see them. Sometimes I wonder if mangakas or their editors bother to ask a translator to translate those words/phrases or just google translate it themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Why is everyone excited for tournament arc if all it does is just further confirming how powerful the MCs are. The alternative to that arc is an actually good world building, loré, character development, and plot progression, and people is still excited for a tournament arc?

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why anyone thinks this is going to last any longer than the demon arc.

I'll bet if Freieren could prove that she was one of the people from the hero party, she doesn't need to take the exams, but that wouldn't be exactly her modus operandi so far.
Any guessing what is the "rusty emblem" for?

Dex-chan lover
While Fern isn't usually the violent one, I bet she will kill/defeat that girl in her team for some reasons during the exam.

is that a birthday cake on page 16!!!
and @RanaRana it have been 30 years since Himmel died, you need to add another 50 years, since they killed the demon lord

Dex-chan lover
pcBiVUu.jpg

Humans grow up fast

Dex-chan lover
@Yourself (snorts) I totally missed that joke until you pointed it out. I thought she was talking about the trees. Thanks. 😂

Dex-chan lover
In the category of "no shit", the murder-happy mage's name translates to "evil" in German.

You know, in case you hadn't caught on yet. To the manga's credit, is not at all subtle about this, so it's not like it doesn't credit its audience with the ability to consult a dictionary. Makes me wonder if it turns out the first mage she killed tried to do something shady and got his ass self-defenced, and she's actually pretty cool.

Dex-chan lover
So even Frieren can't resist the need to eventually do a tournament arc. The new characters seem fun though so I'm looking forward to it!

Am I weird with the new characters and arc all I could focus to was how Himmel was drawn really good on Fern's memories 🥺

Users who are viewing this thread