Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 5 Ch. 40 - Bird Capturing Magic

The old guy seems pretty smart, I imagine he'll realize just how powerful Frieren is and abandon the plan to steal their bird.

Dex-chan lover
Kireis do bad when add random arts. They should add only Tsukasa-sensei's art in chapters. For the rest, those who want can find it in the internet

Dex-chan lover
I guess that explains Fern's party may have been able to catch a Stille perhaps, but then again to what Degree Fern is able to:
Hide her mana like Frieren
is debatable in this case.

Double-page supporter
RoBosquats art was really nice. very well done.

that little missy bout to get the biggest wake up call she will ever receive in her life.

Dex-chan lover
Couldn't Frieren just smash through what ever gaurd or gate they have and ignore the test, admittedly that is not a very Frieren thing to do.

Double-page supporter
I wonder how Fern's group caught the bird

Whoever designed the exam is either malicious or stupid.

Who in their right mind kills off trained magic users!? We already heard from Frieren that there is a decline of magic users, and that magic users are hard to train that takes resources and time. The first thought that comes to mind to these examiners is, "Hey! Let's waste time and resources by killing off great potential."

The only reason to do that is if the examiners are stupid, or they've been infiltrated by some malicious force that wants the decline of magic users.

I'm not here for the action, but I would be lying if I said I'm not curious to see her fuck up the other examinees. I suspect that's not really what this manga is about, but I'd still be down.

Dex-chan lover
@KinGrove hidden to zero? I think she isnt on that level yet (I think Fern team already caugh it because the other in her team can be considered a genius). Frieren said that compared to other race humans grow faster, thats why in every era there will be someone stronger than her.

@Primus I think its because the first class mage can be considered a peak tittle a magician can have, kinda like a Prof. in our world. No, the magician who attend this exam cant be considered a trainee and they know the risk that involved in this exam.

Ah yes, the pristine Second-Class Mages from the 13th Party: Judge, Running, and Thinking

@Primus Yes, and manga artist seem to like these dumb death match tests. It seems that the author is trying explain it in this chapter, that the mages administering the test follow a brutal ideology.

I wonder why the manga is focusing so much on a pretty pointless test that both Frieren and Fern can pass easily. It just seems so low stakes, and unemotional compared to what this manga is known for.

Double-page supporter
@SandwichNamedJacob even Frieren lost to human mages with less mana who were more skilled then her. This old guy could may be one of those talented people.

Only either Frieren or Fern needs to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread