Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 7 Ch. 61 - Magic Sealing Crystal

Double-page supporter
lowkey feel like mangaka feels need to include himmel flashback in every chapter like its ok pookie bear u dont have to

just hoping this weird tone is the mangaka adjusting from finally being done with that tournament arc hope to get back to our regularly scheduled peak soon

Dex-chan lover
lowkey feel like mangaka feels need to include himmel flashback in every chapter like its ok pookie bear u dont have to

just hoping this weird tone is the mangaka adjusting from finally being done with that tournament arc hope to get back to our regularly scheduled peak soon
highkey feel like you missed the point of this manga, doesnt take much time or effort to read the synopsis, its ok tho lil bro, not everyone can read

Fed-Kun's army

Isn't that the whole point of the series, moments of self-reflection and having it parallel with her past journey? This series is about her journey with the Hero party just as much as her current party.

Double-page supporter
Isn't that the whole point of the series, moments of self-reflection and having it parallel with her past journey? This series is about her journey with the Hero party just as much as her current party.
i just dont think that requires himmel flashback every chapter? regardless however, once again its just my opinion...i like ur point of parallels and using that as a tool to better establish it as such but for myself as a reader i dont think attention needs to be drawn to that specific aspect every chapter especially when its first uses help establish that reading of what's happening to frieren to the present and its frequent usage starts to feel less helpful to me and more redudant. thats also just how i generally view media though if somethings been established i dont see the need to emphasize that much, especially when the mangaka here has pretty much done that multiple times
at the same time though i think himmel flashbacks r also helpful for just revealing more about his character and like genuine lore of what happened on the original 10 year journey, but i dont like how repetitive it felt to me--
BUT my first observation that you quoted still stands! im not sorry if it feels antithetical/opposite to how you interpret the story but i hope that i may have let you understand a little better why i think that way. at the end of the day, im entitled to feel however i want about the story and so are you

Dex-chan lover
Thank god I wasn't the only facepalming at the thought of them leaving behind the crystal.
That in itself seems rather dangerous too, a crystal capable of storing much mana charged by Frieren - sounds like a ticking timebomb to me...

Dex-chan lover
I always enjoy seeing the "Saotome School of Anything Goes Martial Arts Super Secret Ultimate Technique" get used from time to time

Dex-chan lover
i just dont think that requires himmel flashback every chapter? regardless however, once again its just my opinion...i like ur point of parallels and using that as a tool to better establish it as such but for myself as a reader i dont think attention needs to be drawn to that specific aspect every chapter especially when its first uses help establish that reading of what's happening to frieren to the present and its frequent usage starts to feel less helpful to me and more redudant. thats also just how i generally view media though if somethings been established i dont see the need to emphasize that much, especially when the mangaka here has pretty much done that multiple times
at the same time though i think himmel flashbacks r also helpful for just revealing more about his character and like genuine lore of what happened on the original 10 year journey, but i dont like how repetitive it felt to me--
BUT my first observation that you quoted still stands! im not sorry if it feels antithetical/opposite to how you interpret the story but i hope that i may have let you understand a little better why i think that way. at the end of the day, im entitled to feel however i want about the story and so are you
If they didn't do it that often people would complain that "I thought this was supposed to be a big thing with her, Himmel and their party, but it hardly ever get brought up, did the author forget? Hur dur."

Double-page supporter
will we be seeing the headpats from fern before 1st season ends? 🫣

Users who are viewing this thread