Sousou no Frieren - Vol. 9 Ch. 80 - Holy Snow Crystals

Dex-chan lover
cover7.jpg

Frieren won the argument

For real, how the hell is Frieren still permitted access to the party's money?

You'd think that Fern would be keeping close watch on the party purse. She can and does scold Frieren for far less.

Dex-chan lover
So they really give all their money to that Norm dude despite Frieren finding a cave filled with ore for him? I mean, there is no other excuse, she had 10 gold coins that would last them a year with three meals a day, then they got 20 gold coin of another currency, they couldn't spend all that in mere months, right?

Dex-chan lover
So they really give all their money to that Norm dude despite Frieren finding a cave filled with ore for him? I mean, there is no other excuse, she had 10 gold coins that would last them a year with three meals a day, then they got 20 gold coin of another currency, they couldn't spend all that in mere months, right?
Well, they did spend a while in that town by the giant lake, and in that chapter we see them shopping and all... maybe they blew their money there somehow.

Dex-chan lover
Well, they did spend a while in that town by the giant lake, and in that chapter we see them shopping and all... maybe they blew their money there somehow.
I accepted the author doesn't bother much with that aspect of the story, he will just say that someone in the party will overspend at something and then they are broke again.

Dex-chan lover
I accepted the author doesn't bother much with that aspect of the story, he will just say that someone in the party will overspend at something and then they are broke again.
That is true. Seems to happen quite often. I don't really mind, I reckon it's just something the author does to give a reason for them to go on quests and such and to 'nerf' them, but I've seen others mention this, too.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That is true. Seems to happen quite often. I don't really mind, I reckon it's just something the author does to give a reason for them to go on quests and such and to 'nerf' them, but I've seen others mention this, problem, too.
The quests bit, imo, was already solved in that flashback Himmel says he will help anyone he can, so Frieren aims to do the same now with her party, sure they might get gold from their help, but it is not their main reason for helping. Besides, Fern is a first mage now, shouldn't we expect her to have a stable income now? Sure, she can't provide for herself and two other people, but they aren't that needy for gold now, or so I would expect. However, as I said, I don't think the author is worrying about stuff like that, so I don't pay much attention to it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread