Souzai Saishuka no Isekai Ryokouki - Vol. 3 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
mmmm you are confusing adventurers with braves. adventurers aren't heroes, but heroes can be adventurers.

I wonder if the artist forgot that the MC is supposed to be a giant? Everyone seems pretty equal height to him, or taller, now?

To all the people complaining about characters that want to hide their ability or live a quiet life or whatever, I think it's a quirk of Japanese culture. It's bad to stand out. Standing out unabashedly is being prideful, it makes you look conceited. So, the authors try to hamfistedly show their characters are humble, not proud or conceited, by making them want to hide their abilities or live quiet lives. But they are often super powerful otherwise and do things some nobody never could, which does the exact opposite and makes them stand out even more, which they try to fight against by taking a view like this guy.

Some of the most popular characters in manga are quite proud of themselves, or at least are proud of what they do, and live in the spotlight in their settings, so it's kind of a dumb choice to make.

Fed-Kun's army
2(TWO) talk no jutsu and MC doesn't do anything until last second lmao

that lil dragon, idk why but, that thing isn't cute, I rather want that lil mouse girl

Dex-chan lover
Quite a lot of pointless text in one chapter. The MC walked around in so many circles.

@tehelgee
I want to add, that I think it can just as easily be attributed to meta-writing.
After having read fantasy for long enough, these authors realize that standing out can get you killed, so they have their characters be extra-cautious. Overlord took that premise as law and ran with it.
& On a more light-hearted note, they may also be afraid that they'd receive more work as a result of exposing themselves, which is a bit of a bullshit excuse, but I feel like that may as well be the reason that's closest to the truth. Most of these isekai stories are treated as a vacation for the MC, who never wants to actually work.

Users who are viewing this thread