Spellcross - Ch. 22 - Pressure

Group Leader
Author here. Starting with Chapter 22, I introduced Interludes. They're written sections in the style of a light novel, and help me to cover more ground in the story during sections of downtime. They're not optional pages, so please be sure to read and enjoy so you can keep up with the story. Thank you!

Double-page supporter
ong i enjoyed some of it but alot of people arent going to read majority of it @galaxyspark just a heads up. Like its cool but ik a large portion of the users on the site like to chill when reading or looking at these. just my two cents about it

Wjk

It may just be me but as soon as I hit page 45 manga DeX refuses to load. Anyone got any solutions?

Double-page supporter
@GrimGriefer thats what i wanted to allude to as it was pretty jarring as it went on. Like this is a really good story and i enjoy it but holy shit does it hit hard the great wall of china hits me with text

Fed-Kun's army
@GrimGriefer @Flashplayer0CD

I agree. Combining text narration and comic books is tricky.

Imo there is a good reason why light novels have only a few illustrations per book. If there are too many pictures it steals attention away from the writing. People have a harder time focusing on text when images take so much less effort to process.

-

One other way to go about this would be to revise and condense. Galaxy could save a lot of time by just removing scenes and characters that are not integral to the core conflict.

(which would fix the whole ”need more text to keep the story moving” thing)

Dex-chan lover
Thank got its not another enemy, they'd be fucked if i was.

@galaxyspark this is great! Text narration can add a LOT more to the character's actions, feelings and thoughs. You can give so much more detail compared to a simple pannel with a speech baloon.

@Flashplayer0CD @GrimGriefer its their loss if they dont want to read.

@galaxyspark

I really like the addition of interludes in this chapter. It’s like how light novels have few illustrations and much text but reversed. Normally I don’t think this would work but your writing is so good that it honestly does. I do hope this series can continue for as long as it takes for you to reach a definite conclusion, and I’ll be sure to read every chapter along the way.

Group Leader
Spellcross readers, Galaxyspark here. Thank you for your input on Chapter 22, I've heard you loud and clear! After giving it some thought I've decided to remove the interludes from 22 and onward and draw out their events instead (boy my hand hurts!). As such I've ended the original Chapter 22 a bit earlier, and will make the events of the rest of the chapter Chapter 23 instead. Please look forward to it on Friday. I'm also coming close to the end of what I have to post! Which means that these precious daily uploads will come to an end soon as well. Thank you very much to all of you who have read my webcomic so far. The current plan is weekly releases of about 15-20 page chapters every Friday. I hope my busting out 6 brand new pages today will be assurance enough that I can get it done. Onwards!

Fed-Kun's army
I must be weird, i didnt notice the text was abundant. Just kept trotting along enjoying the flow xd

Users who are viewing this thread