Spider-Man

Dex-chan lover
Lil fact: He is a canon Spider-Man of the Spider-verse he appears in the event of the same name ;)

Group Leader
The cover looks gritty, serious, and mature....but the chapters themselves look like an Archie comic. Personally, I was expecting a manga adaption of the super cheesy Spider-Man (Toei TV series)...basically a super-sentai spiderman. Lol, this is just a mixed bag of nuts.

Dex-chan lover
The art is very typical of 70s mangas, which was when this was published. The artist's style evolved and doesn't look anything like that anymore.

Are there more chapters of this? It has vol 5 chap 14 as the end here, but according to MAL theres a total of 8 volumes and 21 chapters. Is that just an error on MAL's part?

Spider-Man, but more manga/anime elements. Basically Spider-Man: Cringe Version

Double-page supporter
It got less and less Spider-Man as time went on. Apparently it's a 70s series so I guess it was just a different time? I'm assuming the massive gap in art style is the artist years later doing the covers. I'm not sure if I would recommend this.

This was really good, but Spider-man only in name and in costume. I enjoyed it, but don't go in expecting a Peter Parker story.

Very heavy and depressing manga! One of the best and most underrated interpretations of Spider-Man! (especially for the early 70s). It's a pity that people do not understand this at all.

Users who are viewing this thread