Split Lover - Vol. 2 Ch. 7 - Mitsuki and Shion

Dex-chan lover
She's not even a lesbian, she's just an OCD chick with yandere tendencies that conflates infatuation with the desire for knowing more about a person.

That's fucking stupid.

Dex-chan lover
If this becomes a love triangle because the lesbian gets to cure her dissatisfaction with Shion I'm going to drop the series.

Dex-chan lover
And she is going to kill the main guy. Or at least, beat the shit out of him.

Do you guys have to label this chick a lesbian? She's not good with people so fmc is her only real friend and she doesn't want to lose that or have that taken away. She's not the "crazy lesbo", she's just insecure

Why is it that so many manga readers think close friendship = lesbian/gay? There was absolutely NOTHING in this chapter that implied she might be lesbian

Dex-chan lover
She is extremely possessive towards Shion, tried to compete with the guy Shion is interested in, in the previous chapter showed desire to kiss her. I think we can say there are some hints.

Fed-Kun's army
@Zanderdom
Because it's not about this chapter. Did you not read chapter six? It's not exactly subtle. People are annoyed now, because a whole chapter got spent on the exact same backstory framework that always gets used for the lesbian stalker trope.

Dex-chan lover
@AntiYFans same but I don’t really read much romance manga but if I would say I only read 1 lesbo manga and enjoyed it. But most of the time I just don’t want it I just want my survival, crafting, dungeon manga with no horny

The overly attached friend trope in any romance manga is almost never done well. It doesn't matter if they are gay or straight. They try to intervene in their friend's love life, threaten to use physical violence when their love rival seems to be getting closer to their beloved's affection, without being up front with their own feelings. The worst part is the aftermath, where despite all the damage they tried to inflict on a budding relationship between their crush and the love rival, they are not reprimanded and instead are validated. They are still part of their beloved friend's personal life, and they continue to intervene in minute ways, even when they "accept" that they themselves can't be in the relationship. I would be very surprised if this manga diverges in any meaningful way from what I just said.

Users who are viewing this thread