SSS-Class Suicide Hunter - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

So Let me think about this a bit more. He finds out that this guy he looks up to is a psychopath and then gets killed by the guy, then revives because of the skill he copied from the guy that killed him. He then kills himself repeatedly and goes back 11 years to kill the guy he looked up too before he gets “awakened” or becomes a legend. My question is, wouldn’t killing the guy he looked up too and felt envious towards 11 years in the past cause him to loose all his current skills? Because if he kills the guy before he becomes a legend, then he would never have been in the position to feel envious towards the guy, because there was no guy to begin with. Which means he never got the skill from the tower because he was never in the position to feel envious, which also means that he was never able to copy the skill from the guy that killed him, basically meaning he was never able to kill himself and go back in time. What a weirdly written paradox.

@Lesson
1. Yeah, he looks up to FE (Flame Emperor) but it's more of jealousy. The MC doesn't really hold any special feeling towards FE himself, but what FE has. Btw the manhwa prob doesn't really point it as clearly as in the novel, but MC is a huge fan of FE and that's why he's still got the video where FE states the '11 years ago' thing. But 11 years ago, when FE hasn't gotten any recognition, MC doesn't know him yet thus is why his wall is still clean

2. No, that doesn't cause him to lose all his current skills. The reason why he's got the skill is because he's jelly of FE, but it's not because FE is strong and whatsoever. He's just jelly that FE, who was once a nobody gets such a luck (S skill), quickly becomes the no. 1 and acts as he wants to. And regarding to your statement "there was no guy to begin with"... it's not yet stated here so imma put spoiler tags

He actually just wants the 1st place and he's gonna slay the current 1st (and take the skill) who is actually Sword Saint but man it's not as easy as he thought.

MC got the skill from the future FE, and the skills don't connect the past and the future. There's also quantum death(?) theory which might just help you if you're still confused. Well yeah time travel is logically impossible in the first place but it gives hope so there you have timetravel stories

I keep on thinking that the flame emperor would just come back and kill the mc. Also, would’ve mc just be living in an alternate timeline? Like, what would happen to flame emperor in the future? He wouldn’t just die off. I like the change of plot but reversing time is always so hard to work with.

why do i keep having a re:zero vibe in this manhwa or its just re:zero but korean

Dex-chan lover
He doesn't think that the "Life Threatening Situation" could be him trying to kill him or he did so he hurried and killed him quick

@Lesson

The problem is a circular time loop. (And in this case, it's not actually circular either!!, he is actually changing the future.)
Honestly, it would make much more sense with a multiverse theory, where the universe branches when the skill is used. So you are now a part of another universe.
But with this theory, he can kill the flame emperor anytime, because, in his own timeline, he would have been killed anyway.

@32oiru wow your explanation actually make sense. In this manga, the author make it sound like mc trying up hold justice by killing FE to prevent future victim. Cause What FE do make sense, he just kill someone who trying to kill him and kill a witness so that black dragon guild didn't use that info against him

This is not really a time loop. A time loop same scenario plays over and over again. This is more like time line jumping. In timeline jumps the paradox does not exist. This is not his original timeline anymore its the same but my guess some stuff changed. If this is his original timeline he could never go back past the point when he got the skill. How do you go back to the point where you didnt even had a skill ? He just timeline jumps and creates a safe point on every time line every 24h. @shubh68

@jackmiaw
Exactly my point. If its not the same timeline,then he is dead in original timeline.

Further if he kills the red haired guy, there will be no going 24 hours back atleast in his own timeline. He will be dead for good.

@shubh68 if he keeps jumping to a different timeline his brain wont be able to memories multiply timelines. Or hes gonna get a mental shutdown and start forgeting timelines that he already experienced. He probably wont even remember that he has a cheat skill at the end (This is just a theory) Hes gonna overload his brain

@ReRead
The skill that the MC got specifically stated that the 24 hour time reversal has a drawback/punishment that gets heavier the higher rank you have, and since the MC was F-rank he suffered no drawbacks. The FE would suffer lots of drawbacks not to mention having to kill himself the same amount of times as the MC to get 11 years back into the past.
Also, to the people who are talking about the alternate timelines, branch universes, and time paradoxes that MC might have created, take note that the FE has already reset the world at least a couple of times before (as he was poisoned in a previous universe), so the "main" universe might not even be the true main one but a branch one due to the flame emperor using it.

Dex-chan lover
The only thing I find odd about this whole scenario is why he retains his skills when he dies.
It really is a 50/50 on whether his revival skill should be retained.
Or perhaps since he's his own killer, he can copy his own skill.

Well I guess this is just a matter of how the author interprets / writes his time travel mechanics.

how old is this guy to have his same apartment job and knife for 11 years? i thought he was like 22

Users who are viewing this thread