Star Martial God Technique - Ch. 154

Staff
Admin
If you have a genuine gripe with a group feel free to make a post about it on the forums and discuss it there. So long as you keep it civil it is fine.

But ideally that stuff doesn't belong in chapters.

Thanks.

Nevermind, after some debate we won't ask groups to not post their drama all over their chapters.

Dex-chan lover
one zero one zero

so we get a binary code like 01000111101 ?

How about they fuse together and make a BCD group? Then the onescan creator also gets pledges -> win/win

I'll refrain from doing it again, thanks for the benefit of the doubt @ixlone
This time I'll just keep it there since it's the first time I posted this page, sorry and thanks for allowing us, one scans, to keep it there this time.

Just wanted to drop my two-cents here as one of those who are following ZeroScans since way before bato.to shutdown.
They do a great job of what they are doing and they do it without the guarantee of a stable? income since supporting them is optional anyways. For now, they still have my respect and my attention just because of the quality of their work and they still do it without forcing me to pay or buy anything from them. But hey, the technicalities are also important so...

*props the lawn chair up and grabs some popcorn*

Contributor
I supported Zero too, until I saw them reacting like children by someone "sniping" their chapter. It was absolutely pathetic.

Hopefully both parties can just start acting like somewhat mature people, and not this whole us/them bullshit. It's just like politics now. "OMG YOU DISAGREE, I MUST DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU HAVE, REPORT BAN REPORT BAN REPORT BAN"

I just wanna stare at some fucking pictures and escape reality, not get blasted with politics and drama. Whoever delivers the best product is who I'll patronize, not the one with the best "moral" claim.

Group Leader
@temor I reacted mature on every comment on the last chapter. And yet every time i said something it got ignored by him. If some random dude, who you never saw before, accuses you of only making money and holding back a ton of chapters for days you would not just sit there and say ''meh i don't mind that''. Also ''they''... the only one who wrote that was Morpheus who was really pissed at that moment. And yes it was not a good thing to do it and he did see that later. But i would like to remind you that OneScans never talked with us, has never show any proof of what he said. And yet our reputation is suffering because of that even though we're doing nothing wrong.

@ZeroMomo welp, he posted the "proof" on the first pages of this chapter.. so..
I also understand how you would get pissed off of a some dude who popped up suddenly and then instead of talking directly, goes to the masses and damages your reputation. That harmed his reputation and "claims" on you guys instead so not sure where his efforts are headed.

@temor ZeroScans wins on that, hand down.

Group Leader
4973a8df76.png

he included this ''proof''... that's not a proof for anything the talk in the discord channel was about website miners in general and why they got a bad reputation from shady websites.. we never used those and afaik we never will. He also said our biggest money maker is SMGT. That's so far off i can't even laugh anymore. We have a ton of projects SMGT is just one of them, we do not get money from doing SMGT, we get money from people who like our translation work. Also having the ok to do SMGT is better than just doing it because international copyright law isn't having as much grey areas as people think. We're (the scan and sub groups) just being tolerated. Knight the one who talked about shutting down the redistributing site or whatever the message said, is only a translator of ZeroScans he's not an admin and has no saay in this. Plus he was far from right with his interpretation of the law. As for the email or whatever that was.. We're not hiding chapters behind a paywall and we never did. Hell he could have written that himself for all we know.
Yes we have patreons, yes we get money from patreons, NO WE DO NOT LOCK CHAPTERS BEHIND A PAYWALL.

LAmZFbf.png

This was the page that was removed, the pages talking about my group on zero scans chapters were also removed as they aparently go against the mangadex rules.

Fed-Kun's army
@OneScans can you please keep drama in forum topics not in chapters -.-

I will ignore your realeses beacause of one reason: the way you do things is, in my opinion, wrong. I dont like how you keep doing those "exposing" stuff in chapters you realese. You act like atention w*ore. It is repulsive and serves no one but yourself and your own sense of justice.

I read a lot of mangas/manhuas and I dont need to have the chapter right here right now. I am ok waiting even more than few days for chapter. I enjoy reading chapters here on manga.dex where I can easily follow what I have read and get notification for new chapters. I enjoy reading funny comments under chapters but I don't want your drama there.

Godd damm it I got involved emotionaly anyway ;/ so angry.

Dex-chan lover
By this point I'm more interested in the scanlator fight than the actual fight in the story.

Dex-chan lover
If Zeroscans wanted to make their "we don't hold releases back" claim credible, maybe they shouldn't release 4 chapters in one day when someone "snipes" a few chapters ahead, and instantly release another chapter the moment the same guy uploads another chapter a bit later. I have no idea whether you guys give early reading access to patreons or not since I don't go near that cancerous shithole of a website, but you're making it pretty clear that you're holding stuff back on your harddrives at least.

@ Y amibi
Then just read chapters and stay away from the comments on this series, no one's forcing you to pay attention to the drama.

@GoblinGuy Created an account just to come here and comment that the 4 chapters being uploaded at once had been available for free on their website for a good time, and they've been releasing the chapters for free every week. It's good to have a hub for scanlation groups like this, but as long as the chapters are available for free, I don't see a problem. You shouldn't act like they have a sworn duty to keep uploading here for your convenience when all you had to do was use a different website (Adblock and noscript are useful addons if you really are that bothered by the site).

Edit: And before you claim that they started releasing the chapters on time because of onescans, I've been in their discord for a long time to get the notifications and the frequency of the releases didn't really change because of them, they just uploaded to mangadex faster.

Dex-chan lover
@Kori4r2
Strangely enough I don't feel like joining a hundred different discords and manually checking the site for every scanlator to read every single series I follow. If you have the time to upload to your own site, you also have the time to upload here at the same time. I don't even mind groups that want to withhold chapters here for 24 hours to incentivise people who unlike me do want to put in that extra effort, but this site has a feature for that.
For some reason more popular scanlators seem to forget what fan-scanlating is for, which is sharing a series you enjoy with as many other people who enjoy it as well. Not uploading to a site where a few thousand (and most likely the majority) of your readers are goes against that. And you just made it sound like that's purely a case of laziness, not even for their own profit. That's possible even worse.

@GoblinGuy man, you sound more of a privileged white-guy stereotype from the US. Not that I am discriminating anyone, just pointing it out.
"For some reason more popular scanlators seem to forget what fan-scanlating is for" this sentence of yours seem to indicate that you think scanlating is a very easy thing to do and that they do not waste their precious time just so they can please your needs for quality scanlated manga/manhua. Yes, most scanlators get copy of their raw for free (or not, not sure on the demographics on that) but whatever they want to do with what they have done with it (in this case, scanlate it), is up to them. They can put them up whatever website they choose to, theirs only or also on other popular manga sites then they gain fans because they do a good job. These fans then get them pressured to do more (or faster) as the number of them goes up but by that time then, I think its fair that they ask for support (as long as these are optional and not forced upon or subject people on unfair rules such as waiting more than 24 hrs for a release to those who hasn't donated) since they can't just do scanlation all the time as they have their own lives and need to earn a living. You seem to forget that.

P.S. Noone is forcing you to join a hundred different discords and force you to manually check each. Actually, noone is forcing you to read this series. If you want to read manga, you gotta appreciate the people who bring that to you, for free, wherever it may be.

Contributor
Usually I ignore this, but you keep the flames near gasoline. Sorry Mate, I know most of Zeroscans staff since casvalscans ded. Most of casvalstaff into Zeroscans
@OneScans have no right attacking others, Zeroscans never forced people to pay their works. if you hate them, then dont support them, its easy.
The only people who has right to stop zero scans is either Mad Snail or Lin Xia Pei
And....We tired from some drama Omanga group some times laaaast week ago

Dex-chan lover
@azywrckt
I've done anonymous cleaning of a few manga chapters over the years, I know the effort required. It's effort you put in to create something for people to read, not to get your e-peen sucked, which is the only reason you'd get your own website. Hosting on content aggregrators is not only free, it's beneficial for the people you put that effort in for. Asking for funds to buy chapters to scan is the only valid reason for asking for money, taking cash for yourself in return for just translating as you imply is illegal. You seem to forget that.

P.S. No one is forcing Zeroscans to upload here or scanlate in the first place, Onescans shows pretty clearly that there's other people willing to do it. People at Zeroscans/from their Discord are the ones who whined that no one else is allowed to scanlate this.

P.P.S. I don't even have anything against Zeroscans as some of you seem to think, I merely pointed out what the situation looked like to an outsider. Zeromomo sent me a PM after that explaining them not uploading was a mistake on their end, which they should have just calmly explained when Onescans uploaded his chapter instead of getting pissed at him for sniping "their" series.

Users who are viewing this thread