Star Martial God Technique - Ch. 382

Fed-Kun's army
I love that she is being called out by saying she never knew what true love is like

@Rin2k Most are still absolute garbage though. I'd say 9 out of 10 of them are just absolutely awful. While the art is sometimes impressive, that is usually all the manhua has going for it.

If they aren't just some author copying practically every story point of an already popular manga or manwha to cash in on someone else's talent, they are seemingly written by a 10-year-old with a hard on for constant violence, sex, and showing off wealth and status. Neither of these things require any story writing ability or creativity at all. Pick a template and draw new characters on top, that's all. Hence you will see so few Chinese manhua with ratings higher than 7 compared to Korean manwha and Japanese manga. I've heard some people claim that the novels are better, but if the dialogue and over-arching story in those is the same as shown in the manhua I seriously doubt that. This is especially true if the idea was completely and obviously stolen from another author, in which case they get no respect from me.

There are some exceptions, in my opinion, however. Tales of Demons and Gods, this manhua (Star Martial God Technique), Fights Breaking Through the Heavens, and Martial Peak are all decent. There are probably a couple of others I've read but I can't think of them at the moment off the top of my head. These manhua do better because they have somewhat likable characters, a decent overarching story and an interesting world. These manhua also lack the constant flow of standard chinese manhua villains that typically go like this. "You disrespected me one time! You just called me an idiot, but it shattered my entire world! Therefore, I will torture and sexually take advantage of your entire family/clan!" Using this type of villain repeatedly is pathetically childish, lacks any depth, and requires no creativity in character design. That said, having a villain like this is fine as long as it makes sense in the story.

Note: This post is only commenting on this genre or those very similar to it.

@Kayriel
Many young girls were married away to the highest bidder, obviously against their wishes, or before they could see use their reasoning fully. Not so long ago slave-owners had rights. Little boys and girls were forced to labour in coal mines and factories. Life was meaner and shorter back then because of the horrible working conditions imposed on them and the non-existent wages that were given. Of course sickness played its part too. Some countries are still like this.

Before the age of enlightenment, the general population was iliterate. Poorer people didn't have any rights secured by law. All men didn't have any right to vote anywhere before 1789-1795 and later 1848. For all women it was the early 20th century. After that, a lot of things did change. Self-justifying power. Imo, the 1st world war could have been entirely avoided if governments and royality had wanted it so. Morality either evolves or devolves as time goes by. Society's rules has finally somewhat changed for the better. Naturally what brings joy to one person, is another's nightmare.

First and foremost it's the parents who influence a child's ideas and behaviour, but it's of course also very much the society they're born into. If a parent mistreats their child, hopefully society won't repeat the same mistake towards the child. We can be brought up by a greatest or worst parents in the world, but our own personality and our interactions with society, can still reversely influence that.

Dex-chan lover
@Not-Ak-Not

I was not disappointed.

That said, never forget - one's parents are part of society, as well. You could say, in fact, that society is made of parents, or at least adults mostly of child-rearing age. Especially back in those days the differentiation between child and adult was more stark. With 'teenagers' being less prevalent.

the only good part of this chapter was that close up of the real girl who always stood by mc side. maiden or w/e and her boss can get fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. or as Hall n Oats say...MANEAAAAATTTTERRRR!!!!!! ugh lol

Dex-chan lover
@Dogmans897 It has to do with the fact that most of those started as novels and then they got adapted by the author/under its supervision. The ones that are bad either got novels but got their rights bought by some wishy-washy studio (that's how they name the bunch of people behind making a Manhua) that only cares about getting skrilla fast, or they're outright bad copy&paste of other seemingly meh stories (hence why you get a shit-ton of "City/Immortal/Cultivator/" titles (think of them as your every other Isekai/Tensei series but waaaay worse)) that end up dropped by the studio/author somewhere along the way once they stop pulling the numbers.

TL;DR: You either make money the hard way (making a good series/doing a good adaptation out of it) or make money the easiest way possible with next to zero effort (copy&paste other series' setting(s), getting the rights for a okay-good novel to adapt, etc.). That's the state of Chinese comics.

Fed-Kun's army
This is so fucking dumb, I wish he wasn’t acting like a little bitch right now.. he did nothing wrong, and who the fuck is she to punish him anyways?

So the mistress is stupid feminist who think all men are shit? I have nothing more to say..

Im reading this and the blue haired girl said "she bears no ill intent" next scene "you'll get death by a thousand cuts"

So what I'm getting here is that the hag threw a hissy-fit because he refused to tell her the name of a person and decided to kill him solely on the basis that all man are trash and he is no exception?

Never thought I'd see a feminist in a wuxia manhwa but there's a first for everything

Users who are viewing this thread