Stop going to the next page whenever touch the screen on my phone, I can't read webtoon :implemented:

On a phone, when you read a manga, when you touch the screen, you go to the next page, but when I read webtoon, the page are very long, and when I want to scroll down to see the rest of the page, it skips me the entire page to go to the next one. Could you please make like a button to choose if we want to have this option.
Thank you for this and for your work on the website

I've searched everywhere because it really anoyed me but I never found it.
Thanks a lot.

Group Leader
@Teasday The only option I see is to disable the behaviour entirely, not to disable it specifically for "long strip" content. I think the feature that the OP is asking for (and one that I'd agree should exist) is that the tap/click behaviour for "long strip" content should not be the same as the behaviour for "single page" or "double page" content.

It doesn't really need to be an option, to be honest, I can't think of any reason that a tap/click on a long strip manga should result in a page turn anyhow since the pages are usually much longer than fits on one screen. So simply disabling tap/click on long strip and leaving the option to control it on single/double page would probably work.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Guspaz I don't personally really agree, but I guess I'll take it into consideration. I could add it as a setting, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to implement it seeing how there are multiple options for the original one. Anyway, I'll think about it.

Dex-chan lover
@Teasday
Please do something about it, whether it's separate options for normal/long strip or scrolling based on container height.

While people who just read manga in long strip may not notice or care so much, native long strip titles like webtoons (where image size is arbitrary) can cause a mobile user's failed attempt at scrolling to instantly teleport them to a faraway land. The only recourse being disabling tap navigation entirely even for single/double page is brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread