Story of a "Jobless" Champion and a Princess Who Together Find Their Happiness - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
but since his "job" was a gladiator, not a fighter, he tried his best to be an entertaining fighter but was too good so things were too predictable.
Weren't people mad at him for "cheating" or using cheap tactics, because he copied others skills?

There is that story about the guy whose natural job is a guide to the hero so he was just born high-level, so when the party surpassed him with his training he just left to be an apotecary.
Red and Lit, yes. That setting is also messed up, though they delve a bit further into how screwed up it really is.

Dex-chan lover
Weren't people mad at him for "cheating" or using cheap tactics, because he copied others skills?
Kinda, yeah. Because his fights were not interesting, since he was just mirroring his opponents, and yet he was always winning.
Complaints about "he won again, boring" were in a lot of the scenes and flashbacks

Group Leader
Bruh, i get the message that the scene with the princess in the balcony wanted to transmit, but it was strange, too much unnecessary drama and not much backbone to sustain it. Fuuta's reasons to be this loyal to the princess was not worked properly in my view, but what can we ask from a shonen heh :huh:

Supporter
Thanks for the chapter! Although that last page confused me, had to read it 4 times x.x.

Supporter
Bruh, i get the message that the scene with the princess in the balcony wanted to transmit, but it was strange, too much unnecessary drama and not much backbone to sustain it. Fuuta's reasons to be this loyal to the princess was not worked properly in my view, but what can we ask from a shonen heh :huh:
She gave him a reason to keep on living, he would waste away into nothing if it werent for her showing up to ask him to spar with her. Its all interpretation of all events so far of course.

Dex-chan lover
I get what they were going for, but it just kinda made me go "eh, sure go ahead".

Dex-chan lover
Ehhhh. Went a bit too melodramatic for my taste this chapter.

Other than that, looking forward to what Korona has in mind.

Group Leader
She gave him a reason to keep on living, he would waste away into nothing if it werent for her showing up to ask him to spar with her. Its all interpretation of all events so far of course.
Bro Fuuta meet her because he accepted a job, he was trying to live, it was not like she stopped him from commiting suicide or something like it, and the interactions so far don't give reasons to such loyalty.
Of course it's normal to want to help those that helped you, but to be calling someone beloved and making a life oath over it? It was shown that she didn't help him out of pure kindness, she has reasons and even threatened him with framing him with treason because she thought for one second he wanted to leave her and could spread her info. These shonen mangas have a serious problem with the weight of actions, it's not a trivial thing such threats or such oaths.
But like i said what to expect from a typical shonen :huh: it's more of trying to enjoy a story concept instead of an actual story with those.

Dex-chan lover
Bro Fuuta meet her because he accepted a job, he was trying to live, it was not like she stopped him from commiting suicide or something like it, and the interactions so far don't give reasons to such loyalty.
Actually, since he was born into a world, or at least lived his whole life in a country, where his future would be linked to a divine-given "profession" and lacked it, it seemed like his only reason for living was either being given a job by someone despite his "condition" or just out of survival instinct.

Thus by giving him a job she may not have stopped him activelly killing himself, but wasting away.

It is stupid? yes. But not because he is stupid, but because of the whole scenario itself. Dude needs a proper therapist.

Aggregator gang
Ok, correct me if I'm wrong please, it sounds like the princess wants him to actually fight people to "free the country" and she claims he is this amazing sword Master... but in reality he is probably the worst person to have... unless he has the same weapon he is very weak... so someone fights him and he has a sword and them an ax, he will lose, if two people with different weapons jump him, he will lose... unless this is some "we decided everything with a competition" type manga, he is not a good pick. Right? Also he only copies the moves for the match right? Like he can't use her special moves now whenever right?

Users who are viewing this thread