Stravaganza ~ Isai no Hime ~ - Vol. 6 Ch. 31 - The Dilemma

The idealism part isn't stupid. If your opponent in a conflict wants something, you can sometimes work it out with them if you can convince them that you are either completely superior militarily, or that the cost would be too high even if they were to win. But since she sees that her opponent is a nut who's objective IS the war, there's not much else you can do except continue.

Fed-Kun's army
goddamn this is brutal, this what i like bout this manga really glad you picked this up mr translator

Fed-Kun's army
What intense chapter, more so than the previous chapters. Thank you for your har work!

Welp. Looks like George R.R. Martin visited the author in his//her sleep lmao. So many deaths in one chapter ;-;

Double-page supporter
Warring nations and people can come to an understanding, but a psychopath can never be swayed by suffering (save perhaps their own).

Group Leader
Thanks for the chapter dear @Togashi_G . Such a nice surprise to have a chapter this soon. The font is nice and it looks really great in the middle of Akihito's gorgeous art.

Dex-chan lover
Is possible that the others will understand what Vivian want and turn against Haku?
Anyway, first time we see Vivian wanting to kill anything. I fear that after all this she'll abdicate her crown.

@CorakTM

Vivian's goal isn't this.
What she wants is peace.
Instead of each race see each others as different and competitors, potential enemies, she wants them to see each other as "friends". She knows from experience that they can cooperate and live together, and this war is just happening because of a few warmongers. The vast majority haven't a goal or wish there, they're forced in this situation.

Double-page supporter
Wow, so the narcissistic and idealistic altruism evaporates when the going gets tough. If you're going to be a naive and hypocritical child, at least be consistent.

Dex-chan lover
@Yautja
Wow, so the narcissistic and idealistic altruism evaporates when the going gets tough. If you're going to be a naive and hypocritical child, at least be consistent.

No, just no.
Did you paid attention?
Vivian don't want to die, Vivian don't want anyone to die. She thought that Golmore was in command and tried to convince him to stop. But he wasn't, Haka is in command and he is different from the others. After this war is over he'll turn against his allies and kill them too. There's no other option than killing him, and Vivian is mad because he is doing all this just for fun.

Dex-chan lover
It's hard to care when all these characters were introduced so quickly with no development at all. A bunch of redshirts with gratuitous deaths. Olavie is the only who had any interaction with Vivian before this battle. I'm hoping we'll get more of Golmore's backstory. It's felt rushed since he was introduced. I get the impression Claria was suppose to see all the different races and find kinship with them. It would give a little more weight to her naive belief that even the honorless, brutal oni must have some shred of humanity that's worth sparing. We saw that with the lizardman in the first chapter, but no matter how this is resolved, there's no redemption for these guys. I was sure this series was going to wrap up in like 2 or 3 issues but there's a whole another volume, and it only finished serialization about a year ago. So why were there so many chapters of Claria in prison and why was there no build up to this big war?

Dex-chan lover
I have heard of pointy nipples, but those are next level.

Oh man using the giants bodies as a bridge, that too is next level, i am loving this war, and Vivian finally gets it, that said i find it kind of bullshit that she managed to land a hit.

Dex-chan lover
@Ironclad
I don't care, for me personally what you criticized is part of what makes this manga good. It's short, not long like many others, with that type of narrative that sees the need to give "depth and development" to all characters.
Think about this, if this was like those other manga, this fight would be stopped a dozen of times to show us flashbacks from characters of all the races, right? I'm tired of this, that's why I personally this one.

Users who are viewing this thread