Succubus Nanka ni Makenai Isekai Seikatsu - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Shine! Roar! Let It All Out! DXDick Staff!

Supporter
image.png

Hmmmm.

Dex-chan lover
Daxar - It'll never happen, but I dearly wish scanlators would stop translating "bicchi" (ビッチ) as "bitch". Yes, it's directly derived from that English word, but it means something very different in Japanese. The best English equivalent in most cases will be something like "slut" or "harlot".

Power Uploader
Daxar - It'll never happen, but I dearly wish scanlators would stop translating "bicchi" (ビッチ) as "bitch". Yes, it's directly derived from that English word, but it means something very different in Japanese. The best English equivalent in most cases will be something like "slut" or "harlot".
Yeah I'm usually 100% with you there. It's definitely one of those false friends that is a VERY common mistranslation. I personally left it as-is in this chapter because it was actually used correctly here (for once). The first bubble for page 10 for example was literally "ファッキンビッチ" in the raws... which is legit just correct English and something people would say in that context.

Dex-chan lover
It's only because I'm not in that scene, but I look at those things as incongruous of sorts? Like, the drive of a gacha game is the gambling, right?

For some yea. For others, it's just a compromise for a "free" game. I'd rather just pay for most of the gacha I play like I would a PS4 game, but that just isn't how the mobile market works

Users who are viewing this thread