Sugar Girl Drip - Ch. 5 - Complicity and Concealment

Dex-chan lover
Some guy who saw what was happening to the girl frequently enough to easily recognize her, but didn't stop it at the time? Either an undercover cop (the uselessness matches) or someone in that underground industry food chain who isn't letting her get away.

Does he deserve the benefit of the doubt? Nah. I'm not going to think well of anyone who let that continue on once they became aware. Maybe they just need to keep killing through their problems. It can be plan B.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe he is an undercover detective looking for the manager? I know that would probably be too clean of a narrative but it would be nice if he was, and eventually "caught" them and was just like "this is self defence, you should have just called the police."
Could be. Like, I understand people already jumping gun saying he shouldn't be trusted if he did nothing while already knew about the accident, but what if he only acknowledged that recently? He just appeared in like one panel, we know nothing else.

Dex-chan lover
Maybe he is an undercover detective looking for the manager? I know that would probably be too clean of a narrative but it would be nice if he was, and eventually "caught" them and was just like "this is self defence, you should have just called the police."
he looked a bit young to be a detective but being 'undercover' means that there would've been more unsavory rumors to begin with (i think after the self defense, desecration and disposing of a corpse is also a separate crime), i just assumed hes a random customer who 'stumbled' upon it or so but yeah i imagine it'd be messy versus them just magically 'starting over' in a new town and just haunted by a (metaphorical ghost) that ends up ruining their future

Dex-chan lover
The guy at the end is giving me undercover detective (be it private or a cop) who's looking into the manager shady videos. He recognized the victim and will probably approach Aki to ask for her testimony. Now, how will the girls make it so he doesn't know the guy was killed? Or at least so he doesn't link a victim with a clear motive to get rid of him to possible foul play in the scumbags disappearance?

Also, if he is not an official investigation or anything and instead a private detective, I'm gonna bet on the assistant manager already being suspicious of the manager (at least knew he was severely abusing an employee) and hiring someone to get to the bottom of him just vanishing.

Dex-chan lover
Murder Mischief Managed ... or was it???? :thonk:

One of the problem with yuri is that other than romance, they don't have that much going on for them, even in the terms of characters. And after the girls get together it's difficult to stretch the plot without some contrived inserted drama and side pieces.

Not that anything is settled with here, given how early in story it is. But I believe the foundation is very solid, Im quite immersed in all the drama and perhaps criminal thriller stuff coming up. We have characters with psycho sides to them and dark pasts, both of them slowly growing closer, abuse snuff video business people and shady underworld stuff, perhaps some yakuza or detectives sniffing about. We have gorgeous art and strong style, which puts doll-like almost-barbie level Marie and actual ( :hearts: !!!)emo girl Aki in both girly date stuff situations and violent scenarios... what more is there to ask for? :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Idk, from the way he worded that (''She's from that time''.) I can't help but get the impression of him being an avid consumer of the dead manager's content. He doesn't have a crazy look in his face but then again, neither did the manager.

Dex-chan lover
The guy at the end is giving me undercover detective (be it private or a cop) who's looking into the manager shady videos. He recognized the victim and will probably approach Aki to ask for her testimony. Now, how will the girls make it so he doesn't know the guy was killed? Or at least so he doesn't link a victim with a clear motive to get rid of him to possible foul play in the scumbags disappearance?

Also, if he is not an official investigation or anything and instead a private detective, I'm gonna bet on the assistant manager already being suspicious of the manager (at least knew he was severely abusing an employee) and hiring someone to get to the bottom of him just vanishing.
Nice one, though imo the assistant manager shouldn't be trusted either. Marie already suspected how she could pay all the luxury stuffs with her job. I have a feeling she may even be an accomplice with the manager, like she could distribute the torturing videos for money. That could explain why she didn't want the police to involve, cause she would get found out too.

Dex-chan lover
Assistant manager absolutely is stealing their pay packets at a minimum .
The new shady guy has me worried too especially if Marie has to solve the problem with murder and Aki finds out and blames herself.
But I love Marie's respect for Aki! 'I could pierce your ears! Ah but only if you want me too it's your body after all'
The consent is soon wonderful and I'm a little more convinced this chapter Marie has Aki's best interests at heart.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It really feels like the assistant manager was in it with the manager...
I'll give the new dude the benefit of the doubt though.
Thanks for the chapter!

Also, someone's definitely getting gayer.

Dex-chan lover
I swear to god I'll be pissed if this manga doesn't end with the girls having a happy ending
Given it has a psych tag/assuming it doesn't end in a double suicide, i'd be curious about what the author considers a 'happy ending'
It really feels like the assistant manager was in it with the manager...
I'll give the new dude the benefit of the doubt though.
Thanks for the chapter!

Also, someone's definitely getting gayer.

well, someone had to build the basement/set up something but yeah it'd be awkward if its' like "hey why is this one room always locked don't we need it to stock our supplies" or so

Dex-chan lover
I'm getting "everyone who watched those videos is going to try acting upon them out and get killed" vibes from this

Users who are viewing this thread