Suicide Boy - Vol. 1 Ch. 54 - Suicide Boy 3

@oginohusband cause you gonna die eventually anyway. What's the point of rushing it? Every day is like flipping a coin. 50\50 chance of getting something good or bad. You flip it and flip it and flip it and flip it, and maybe you have a bad streak, but there's always a chance for something interesting later. As long as you keep waking up the next morning. Either way killing yourself is a pain in the ass, might as well leave this business to life. It could happen tomorrow on its own.

Dex-chan lover
That would have been a really beautiful final chapter, but I'm glad it seems like there will be more!

I was kinda hoping Soorim and Jaehoon would have followed Hooni out of concern and stopped him from jumping. Feel that would've not only been more impactful, but progressed the story and characters a lot better than "I wanna die... Nah actually maybe later" for the 50th time :S

Or even having the catholic guy catch on to what Hooni was planning and catch him before he could fall. That would set up a new dynamic where Hooni now has an older figure in his life looking out for him and offering spiritual advice. If Hooni found comfort/family through religion that would be a good motivation for him trying to better his life rather than end it. Kinda feels like wasted potential and it's gonna make it harder for me to feel anything when Hooni tries to off himself again 'cause he always goes back on it.

All the commenters wanting him to kill himself sheesh... teeny angsty edgelords probably typed in rhythm to evanescence

Fed-Kun's army
@Xelda That's not usually how things go. (well, I mean it does in stories, but not in real life) It honestly would've been a stretch if either of the friends had managed to track him down to the random building he came across which was unlocked. If they had followed him, it would've made more sense to join in the party rather than watch him eat for several hours and not say anything. The catholic guy catching on could've been a good plot point, but it makes sense that he didn't notice.

I felt like it was a solid character moment for Hooni to begin to look at what he really wanted, silently realizing he didn't actually want to die. He still has a road ahead of him before he can be happy with himself, but he's actually taken a big step here. I'm not sure about this only being season 1. Worried the story might drag if there's nothing new to bring to the table in season 2. We'll see.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
I like this

I think it's good that Hooni himself has independently come to understand what it is he's struggling with. This would have been a good place to end the series.

Group Leader
Damn I really didn't think it would get this sad. Glad it ended this way - all of Hooni's development really came together in this ending. I hope Part 2 will have him realize his motivations to live by being with his friends.

As kawaii as Hooni is, and as much as he wants to shi-ne, you gotta admit...

HE'S KINDA THICC.

Users who are viewing this thread