Suicide Boy - Vol. 2 Ch. 70 - A Joyful Chusuk

@gum_rummy

Going by the tone of the chapter I'd assume she's dead at this point. And don't underestimate the cruelness of society. There are indeed families out there that will be scornful towards their own for whatever reason - maybe a familial dispute, maybe prejudice, maybe just general snobbishness. It's likely he's only invited to the gatherings as a formality, but none of them care if he shows up or not. Going by this chapter his family have that attitude of "poor people are so lazy, why don't they just get more money?".

Dex-chan lover
@Xelda I get that some families are just awful, but his familial situation is so shocking that I would love to see more background added to the story about how/why it wound up that way. I don’t know much about Korean culture, but idk what kind of job/living situation they’d expect a solo high schooler to have. Are they that dumb/evil? Is this another example of Hooni catastrophizing and digging a hole for himself if he doesn’t need to? A mixture of both? Are his maternal and paternal extended family both full of the same types of people? I know the little bit of backstory we did get was probably just an excuse to have him spend the day with Soorim but stiiiillll...

Oh god, I was so use to bad (as in situation 'bad') endings in this, that I forgot what a good ending felt like

Users who are viewing this thread