Suicide Parabellum - Ch. 6

Fed-Kun's army
I love Sayman’s works. But, he’s gotta stop. This is so confusing. ╭(°A°`)╮

Fed-Kun's army
@SweatyBrie
I'd actually say that the plot's actually pretty easy to comprehend relative to some of his other works, (specifically Melancholia).
I really like how each chapter slowly lets us comprehend what's going on and I like looking back to the previous chapters to see it all fit together like a puzzle. Its not the first time he's done this either but he does it pretty well.

Other than that, I'm really like Chihaya's character(s?), especially after this chapter. Seeing how her other selves handle the situation in different ways, from one giving up to the other taking more violent methods and both of them do it because of their love for her. It really brings in other questions like how long this has been going on, how many Chihayas there are and what the main(?) Chihaya is thinking given her mostly stoic personality. Sounds pretty scary to know that several identical versions of yourself has been through something that you're now about to undertake with many of those identical versions having given up. Its hard to say that you'll still try after seeing the end result. Feels like that Fate Stay Night dilemma between Shirou and Archer.

Looking forward to the rest!

I feel like reading madoka but more explainable and easy to understand.
gimme more.

Alright, theory time.
So far, we have seen 5 Chihaya
1 The suit one, who seems to be a veteran in the game who has gone crazy
2 The idol one, a newbie (also is the main Chihaya through the most number of chapters (3, 4, 6) )
3 The one in the sailor uniform
4 The one in the dark unifom (from the ghost chapter)
5 The one with the mask (whose left eye was slashed by the 2nd Ouka)
From the information spreaded out through the chapters:
- Chihaya apparently attempted suicide with a Suicide Parabellum, which drove her into a coma.
- In the coma world she is equivalent to God, where she has a good amount of control, but not total control.
- Chihaya is chasing her here in maybe an attempt to bring her back to the real world.
- In every stage, there is a count down, when it reaches 0 the giant bullet will appear and destroy everything.
- Everytime Chihaya uses the suicide parabellum, a new Chihaya is created. All the Chihaya can exist together in the same world, and each time they jump they jump to a ?random stage.
- The mask Chihaya exists as some kind of cleaner/executioner for reason unknown.
- In chapter 4, the train they ride is named Samsara, which is the cycle of reincarnation. That's why it's running in circle and has no stop, and also why Chihaya and Ouka discussed about Ouka's various lives, as if part of the reincarnation process.

My theory:
1) Ouka attempted suicide and is in coma, and Chihaya is coming to get her back. However, she doesn't want to return because she enjoys the time they are spending together/Chihaya chasing her, so she kept creating new stage.
2) Similarly, but factor in the giant bullet we may have some sort of Inception scenario. If the time for a stage runs out and the bullet reaches Ouka dies, so the main (original) Chihaya needs to find Ouka/convince her before that, and bring her back intact. If she cannot, Ouka has to use the suicide parabellum/executioner Chihaya has to kill her. With Ouka dying they can reach a deeper part of her consciousness where time flows slower, so they can buy more time and rinse and repeat the process until main Chihaya can rescue her.

The only thing i'm not sure about is what is Marrik. Is he a manifestation of Chihaya, since he has the same ruined left eye as the executioner Chihaya?

I believe the executioner Chihiya has to do with Ouka's desires. As we've seen in the past chapters, the main component that is spread throughout is the fact that they are all things Ouka wanted to have done. I believe considering how the whole story is supposedly started Ouka would have wanted Chihiya to end it if all fails. Thus there's the executioner on each level. However in this case it only serves to make things much more frustrating and confusing.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with Potatogod. Things make more sense with each new chapter, like puzzle pieces slowly fitting in. It's so well-done.And indeed, interesting to see the "same" person acting in different ways...ahh, I can't wait to see the continuation!

It's like a poor man's Fujimi Lovers, but Fujimi Lovers was so perfect even this is stronger-than-average.
I do wish the chapters were a bit longer, however.

Users who are viewing this thread