Suki na Ko ga Megane wo Wasureta - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Custom title
Staff
Developer
I'm planning on retranslating Volume 1 of this series because the existing scanlations are so horrible they're probably turning new people off from reading the series. I'm hoping to get the whole thing done before the new chapter next month, but I can't promise that.

I have no plans to translate any other volumes.

edit: I remember there being a whole mess with raws coming from mags and Chinese scanlations and everything with the older chapters, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore? Probably shouldn't have called them "horrible"

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Ah, to wash away the, er, "unusual artistic choices" the anime has chosen to take...

(no seriously, how do you take such a cute wholesome fluffy SoL and make it all introspective weepy-emo? :notlikethis::qq:)

Tldr, thanks for the new translation! :win:

Dex-chan lover
I'm planning on retranslating Volume 1 of this series because the existing scanlations are so horrible they're probably turning new people off from reading the series. I'm hoping to get the whole thing done before the new chapter next month, but I can't promise that.

edit: I remember there being a whole mess with raws coming from mags and Chinese scanlations and everything with the older chapters, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore? Probably shouldn't have called them "horrible"
It's 'til or till, but not 'till.

Till is word that predates until with the same meaning, while 'til is a contraction of until (or, arguably, an overcorrection/confusion of until and till).

Dex-chan lover
Wow the artist has really improved their art style huh

and also developed their own unique style that is easily distinguished from others too

Dex-chan lover
Unfortunately the anime is also turning off new people from reading the series.
you know about it? Can you tell the details? What don't they like the most? For me personally it's pacing and VO overreacting (and stupid repetions of certain scenes for 3-4 times)

Dex-chan lover
(no seriously, how do you take such a cute wholesome fluffy SoL and make it all introspective weepy-emo? :notlikethis::qq:)
So in addition to causing 3D sickness in some people (I can't watch it) they also ruined the cute and fluffy part? Why in the world did they even license this manga if that's what they wanted to do? :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover

Doing God's work fr

So in addition to causing 3D sickness in some people (I can't watch it) they also ruined the cute and fluffy part? Why in the world did they even license this manga if that's what they wanted to do? :questionblob:
I get you with the constant movement etc, but I think they've stuck pretty close to the source material for the start of the manga. The storytelling has changed a lot since then (for the better I think), as well as the art style maturing and improving.
Only thing I think they overdo in regards to the characters is the constant repetition, and the "get it together me!!" stuff. Almost feel like the anime should have started a lot later in the manga's story, and had a short intro into their early interactions for context.

Aggregator gang
Wow, rereading the first chapters you can tell how much the artstyle changed, for the better if I may say

Dex-chan lover
you know about it? Can you tell the details? What don't they like the most? For me personally it's pacing and VO overreacting (and stupid repetions of certain scenes for 3-4 times)
That and the super-annoying warbling WAAAAAAAH! reaction. It isn't bad in the manga but it sounds God awful.

The Plane-kun scene over and over was bad. In a manga, if it's even drawn that way, you can just skim over it. In the anime you just have to set there and take it, over and over.

In the manga the little short scenes aren't bad, but with the anime I've seen more than one reactor asking if this was based on a 4-koma. Hopefully we get to longer arcs before people tire of it.

Users who are viewing this thread