Sukini Nattara, Owari

I accidentally put Shounen-Ai when adding this, but it's fixed now so that's good... Sorry for that _:(´ཀ`」 ∠):

Group Leader
hey uh.. translate bukatsu into english. bukatsu is not an english word. translate it into english. bishoujo aswell. these are not english words, translate them into english. bishoujo and bukatsu are not english, so translate them into english. i cant believe you didnt translate bukatsu. what a funny joke. translate bukatsu into english.

Like I said, I translated KR>EN, so actually using bukatsu and bishoujo was intentional (I took the time to translate KR>JP). Obviously, they are not English words, and I could've translated them to English instead. However, I just thought it would be better to use "bukatsu" and "bishoujo" instead of (awkwardly) translating them because I personally like it when scanlations keep common words like "bukatsu", "senpai", "Something-Kun/Something-Chan", "bishoujo", etc–I think it helps with the immersion and helps preserve just a bit more of that Japanese charm. IMHO, most people on here reading scanlations ought to know what those words mean, and even if they don't they would literally be only a 5-second Google search away, so...

I dunno, am I the weird one? I thought most people would be with me on this, but I guess that might not be the case...

Group Leader
>1.3k readers
>1 person complained about transliteration
>most people [] might not be [with me]

Users who are viewing this thread