Summoned Japan - Vol. 3 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1

I believe that the decisions made by the Louria general(?) are based on the fact that they still don’t know how their enemy’s weapon operates. They believe the absurdity to be magic-related and thus proceed based on their knowledge on magic.

Not to mention the fact that they haven’t actually dealt with Japan’s ground forces directly, and most reports are vague due to interference, garbled communication, or misunderstanding, it’s also likely due to their own common knowledge and training. Basically, it’s rare for people to think outside the box, which stems from their environmental mentality. This is just my opinion based on what I understand though.

@Serapheid

My point is exactly that one ... because they don't know what they are dealing with, logic and caution demands making recon efforts. Because they don't know the exact nature of the enemy weapons, but with the knowledge they have long range weapons that pierce armor, you don't send a compact mass of slow armored infantry ( because that just makes a better target ;) ). A sensible commander simply doesn't make a heavy cav charge blindly, no matter the circumstances and if you really want infantry to go cannon fodder, you spread them to force the oponent to not shoot fish in a barrel. That is tactics 101, and understood by all armies in the world since there are cav and ranged troops.

Just compare this chapter with the destruction of this very country navy by Japan. There the captain did recon, assesed the enemy ships number and apparent strenght and made what appeard to be a sensible plan ( with even less knowledge of the enemy than the idiots of this chapter, mind that ) to deal with the situation. Sure, he was soundly beaten, but that was solely because his enemy outclassed him hard, not because of any stupidity of his part. In this chapter ... well, maybe the good generals were in the ambush, because they surely weren't in the city :p

Dex-chan lover
@rrolo1

Maybe they’re too used to overpowering their enemies so more often than not understand only the use of brute-force type of tactics? This would mean they wouldn’t know how to properly act against an opponent who completely overwhelms them in every field. Or, as you said, could entirely be due to an incompetent/inexperienced commander.

Fed-Kun's army
will they ever enlist some american troops from the base stationed there or are they just gonna let them chill in their base

@dancur i thought of that to what happened to all the american troops stationed in japan are they just gonna chill there or join in on the fun

Dex-chan lover
Nice, deploying a larger target practice after a moving target practice.. this will improve their marksmanship.

Also.. I'm pretty sure the Americans wouldn't want to be left out on that.

Sir maybe we shouldnt have followed a King who spends all his time naked or in a bathrobe

Aggregator gang
@dancur @Dragoma I've actually been wondering that the whole time. Did the mangaka forget about them...or would the American forces just not act because they don't know what the hell to do as they're completely cut off from the line of command. How would such a scenario carry out? Would the highest ranked American at the bases be able to act independently of Japan or would they have to fall in line?

Dex-chan lover
ooh yeah there should be some american troops around on there bases, or did they all splashed into the cold ocean ?

i also wish we could see a bonus chapter on how earth reacted

Users who are viewing this thread