Super Ball Girls - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Name

Group Leader
Well, you asked, I answered. But in the end, you're the one who has the last word.

Btw,you say "a lot of people" but I've only seen two people answer your question (myself included). Are there other answers elsewhere?
Reddit and discord servers.

Group Leader
I don't really have a problem with the names, it's appropriate localization with just cause, not stupid localization like changing a character name from "Itsuki" to "Iggy" or "Kyoichi" to "Kyle" (this really happened).

I looked a little into it. As the chapter already said, the name Eliza comes from the Queen Elizabeth II Cup. Though contrary to what you said in the front page comments, I think the other girls' names also come from horse racing cup events, not individual race horses.

Again, I do like the names, they're well-done. I literally know someone called "Cherry". I like "Chrys" the most, it's a clever combination of a simple name, yet having had chrysanthemum tea before and knowing it's really sweet, it adds another layer, a warm feeling to the name. It wouldn't evoke that feeling if the name remained "Kikka". That's a pro of localization, it makes it more relatable to the target audience.

(Though personally I would have left it as Ouka, Shuuka, Kikka, as it saves me the headache of dealing with localization. But that's because I'm lazy. If you're willing to take the responsibility for the names of these girls, almost like the main character in the series, poetically, then by all means, go ahead.)

Group Leader
I don't really have a problem with the names, it's appropriate localization with just cause, not stupid localization like changing a character name from "Itsuki" to "Iggy" or "Kyoichi" to "Kyle" (this really happened).

I looked a little into it. As the chapter already said, the name Eliza comes from the Queen Elizabeth II Cup. Though contrary to what you said in the front page comments, I think the other girls' names also come from horse racing cup events, not individual race horses.

Again, I do like the names, they're well-done. I literally know someone called "Cherry". I like "Chrys" the most, it's a clever combination of a simple name, yet having had chrysanthemum tea before and knowing it's really sweet, it adds another layer, a warm feeling to the name. It wouldn't evoke that feeling if the name remained "Kikka". That's a pro of localization, it makes it more relatable to the target audience.

(Though personally I would have left it as Ouka, Shuuka, Kikka, as it saves me the headache of dealing with localization. But that's because I'm lazy. If you're willing to take the responsibility for the names of these girls, almost like the main character in the series, poetically, then by all means, go ahead.)
Lol, the Initial D names were the first thing to come up
when I suggested the localisation in the group server. It's always amazing to look back on, in a horrible way.
Also my bad with mistaking the events as horses, but I think that supports my point even more if they're named after events. You'd be even less likely to leave an event name untranslated, unless it was a word that specifically is used for that event worldwide. So, glad you pointed that out. Thanks!

Dex-chan lover
Man, what an intriguing part of the story in the first 14 pages. I was so immersed in how much interesting plot got covered.

Dex-chan lover
I like that he's wary of going 'all in' after seeing what only kissing could do, but I also think that overestimating his capability in suddenly caring for five adult "humans".

Also calling it now, Cherry is gonna end up in the caretaker/leader role.
(Inb4 she goes to school, gets a degree, becomes the breadwinner of the family, and Ichi ends up the house-husband)
lmao i could actually see that happening. cherry in a pantsuit would be pretty naisu.

in terms of chapter related thoughts, his rent is definitely gonna go up after cherry went ham on his front door. her behavior is definitely gonna be something to monitor, she's kinda scary lol. also, justice for autumn! we want her to be not a moron!!!

Dex-chan lover
Hey, Ichi, you didnt really have to lie (at least that badly) to them, they wouldnt have get it anyway, now you forced yourself to pick horsenames for the other 3.

Dex-chan lover
page 19 :
obviously , the girl , who is smart , active learning , emotion-less , cool , has short hair , is a parody of Ayanami Rei .

Bro naming them all passionately then he just names one of them chris from the fakin pub

Dex-chan lover
He is ichi? Ichi the killer?
1d3c6234cb8f3865d7a48f811f25d2d3.jpg

Dude, it's so simple what you need to do in this situation.

Make a Tik Tok, Instagram and Twitter account
Make the 4 of them do stupid, sexy dances in front of the camera
Get hundreds of followers through Goomer bait
Open an Onlyfans
Record videos of them naked and of you banging them
Make millions

Users who are viewing this thread