Supinamarada!

Power Uploader
Chapters 6-11 have broken images, reupload them please.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, those are broken. Thanks for translating this, can't wait for more chapters.

Dex-chan lover
This is actually pretty great, and Noda's usual bizarre humor is in full display. Did this come out before or after Golden Kamuy?

It's so weird to finally see an ice hockey manga. I've always been kind of bummed out that aside from Eyeshield 21, sports manga seem to be overwhelmingly about baseball. I understand why that is, but I figured that there were bound to be Japanese people more interested in other sports

Problem is the premise is to get a gold medal at the Olympics. Good luck breaking the top 3 which include Canada, Russia, United State.

@MrFixit Sports usually need to be relatable and Eyeshield is an outlier as you said. The weather and topography of most of Japan isn't compatible IMHO. For grass roots interest you need stuff like pond hockey or lots of rinks which they don't have the space for. (And cost of ice time would be exorbitant) Also the mens team is never going to do well in the Olympics because height is important: Most goalies are like 190cm+ and most of the star players are also 6ft+ The womens team is actually fairly competitive internationally because there is less height disparity and most importantly: They don't allow bodychecking.

TLDR: Sports manga are only popular if kids have played them. Only in the far north does Japan have any hockey presence whatsoever.

PS: I visited Nagano and Nozawa-onsen a couple years ago and it was rather sad the neglect the winter olympics signage all has. The facilities are all still there, but the paint has faded or flaked off badly.

Group Leader
Supinamarada wont likely be continuing any time soon. I have gotten no word from my translator and I have called this project dead as of this point in time. If anyone wants to pick it up and work on it, be my guest.

Users who are viewing this thread