Survive Romance - Ch. 4 - It’s All Because of Him!

Dex-chan lover
This is how Yuno Gasai was made. This is the origin story. That’s my new headcanon, the original setting of the Future Diary was a zombie survival.

This is a literal hell - to repeat the same day over and over again after getting killed (while feeling and remembering the pain of dying) and having to constantly attempt to save 1 character or you'd die and repeat... no escape. H E L L.

I mean, you just killed a guy in front of him... Kinda shocking to the average lovestruck highschooler.

I mean I can't exactly blame her for going somewhat crazy after getting brutally murdered like 16 times (how many times did she die already?) in a row and being the only one thats aware of whats going to happen in a couple of hours. Especially since everybody except Jeha doesn't even look human to her in the first place.
But still.
Barging into a class and beating a student to death with a chair without explanation won't give you the ending you want either, Chaerin.

Don't people turn into zombies after they die? Couldn't she have just took ml's hand and run away or something?
Thank you for translating this chapter!

Maybe she is a psychopath, she doesn't care about anyone except herself.

She went *Cuckoo!*... Kill or not kill would be the same. But if I think better, no, she actually fkd up, like @Bloop1234 said, she could just take his hand hand let the "mobs" die.
Now, the Male lead most certainly won't go with her and instead turn into a zombie, or the story is going to progress while she is acused of murder.

She's so pissed of with the mob that put her, although accidentaly, in her situation that she got blinded by rage and gave up her rationality for a moment.

@Threee

Nah I wouldn't for that far.

From her perspective, nobody else except Jeha even appears human. None of the other people even have faces, just black vague outlines. Given that she was already brutally murdered over a dozen times (including one time were she died because the other students refused to let her out of the Infirmary) AND still feels the pain from each of those times aswell as seems to retain Scars (the bitemark from her first death is still on her hand), its kinda understandable that she would snap at some point. From her PoV, she just stopped someone that would have turned into a Zombie and attacked other people in a very short while anyway, to prevent having to die and live through that pain again and again. Enough people did worse in our real World than killing one other Person to stay alive themselves, without being psychopaths.

Fed-Kun's army
I agree with @IronVader501 on all accounts. Not only is she having to re-experience the trauma of dying and/or being murdered (in very painful and grotesque ways), but she retains her memories and consciousness every time and that is horrifying. Her reaction (although extreme to the characters who don't understand what's happening) is justified and we can empathize with her actions.

Edit: Plus, she bears the burden of having to move the plot forward. She is literally being forced to find solutions (even to extreme points, but the genre's changed so it's okay) in order to survive and save Jeha.

From the synopsis, it says that she's going to have to work with the "extras" to solve what's going on and follow the plot. If I recall correctly, I think at the beginning, she said that when she first entered the book she was able to see people but once she went on about her everyday life they all became the same to her to the extent where she couldn't distinguish them. It's my hope that as she works together with the rest of the students, that she's able to see the other students clearly again <3

I understand shes going crazy after dying a bunch of times but..did she think the plot would continue as normal if she fucking murdered someone in front of ml?

I wonder how she will die this time

yea anyone who's been in a loop so many times would slowly turn a little more psycho

@IronVader501
When I am reading a book, I imagine everything, I give faces to the characters, she never cared. Even after her crossing, she never considered them as human beings, that's why she doesn't see their faces.

Anyway, we'll find out her real personality eventually.

Double-page supporter
gah she looks like some bloodthirsty killer
wonder how she looks like to the other students
@Bloop1234 she mentioned having to stick to major plot points, so even if she runs away she needs to return to the music room for the confession scene, no?

Contributor
Well... in some series, that is still within the bounds of a romance. Not a good one. But it's there.

Users who are viewing this thread