Survive Romance - Ch. 5 - The Extra

yea that's super creepy, it's already unusual she hasn't actually gone insane, I wonder how she's even gonna recognize this shadow

You know, it would be really interesting if this was just a REALLY severe version of prosopagnosia. Its a disorder where people have the inability to recognize faces.

But its interesting to see a protagonist struggle so much before making a break through. It does make me wonder if Jeha is really the ML of this story though.

ooh, ouch, so she literally can't differentiate between other people. no wonder she turned out that way.

Am I the only one that realized the vote mark on her hand every time she comes back? I am 💯 sure it’s an important clue but don’t know how to decipher it

Also it’s nice to see all the trauma actually having significant affect on her, there are many protagonists that are still sunny after traumatizing events I find that unrealistic

Thx for the hard work 🌝✨

What if Jeha was never the male lead and the only reason she can see him because she recognize him as the male lead. And what if once she starts acknowledging the important roles of the extre she will be able to recognize them?

@Ayse02 vote mark? If you’re talking about the bite mark, that’s been there since Chapter 1 and the author made it pretty obvious.

Dex-chan lover
@nyafufufu
Excellent analysis. I agree, this girl has an abnormally stable focus on her goals (or people, in this case Jeha or the extras she probably will focus on later, which is how she began to see the extras just like you're guessing). I mean, 289 deaths before cracking? I probably would have started cracking before the 60's, and assuming I don't need to deal with the pain of death. Anyways, it's mildly clear that this girl is essentially a yandere without an actual person to go ~dere over.

Do you think she'll eventually figure out a way to pass on social relationships through resets like other Korean regressors do? The typical methods are manipulation or eerie familiarity, and I feel like she's the type to be give people weirdly friendly vibes after her ~1000th death or so and getting close to all the important extras later on, based on how she already is quite determined to take any action for success so far.

move over ML, extra X will be our ML..or other FL! jk, i dont think this is really gonna be romance for a while but
maybe the more time she spends with the extras, she will begin to see their face?

@skilodracus
I think it's Catch-22.
They had no faces because in the novel she didn't pay attention to anyone except the ML, and now because they don't have faces, they are extras.
She will see them when she starts to care about them.

Seeing her thoughts about her new life... i can se why she’s so obsessed with him

I wonder if she can start to differentiate between extras if she gets to know them better

this chapter is so good omg, I felt chills!! you could really feel her pain and turmoil and loneliness. it's interesting to learn that even at the start of being transported into the story, she was already alienated from everyone else which surely would have messed her up even if the zombies had never showed up bc you can't just live life dedicated to one other person like she was having to do bc she could only see jaeha.

I felt like crying for our poor MC
I can't imagine the pain and suffering she experienced while dying almost 400 times..

Users who are viewing this thread