Suteki na Kareshi - Vol. 3 Ch. 10

Huh??? No!! No! Why did it happen like that? Nonoka 😭 why didn't you just say it?????????????? GIRL!

Edit: I'm pretty mad at Mangadex because my long edit didn't save! Suffice it to say, I reread the previous 3 chapters and I understand and relate to what Nonoka is feeling right now, and I can totally understand if she decides to accept this new guy's proposal. Naoya has been sending mixed signals from the beginning, so of course a love novice like Nonoka would lack the confidence to be true to her own heart. Being brave in love is really hard--I know that first hand!

You know, I feel like we're sometimes too hard on shoujo protagonists. To us, the end game is so certain, so any detours are frustrating. If a lead doesn't risk everything to be true to their heart we are disappointed with them, but should we be? We know who they'll end up with, but do they? Just like in real life, Nonoka doesn't know the path that will lead to her happiness. I mean cut her some slack--4 chapters ago she didn't even know if she was in love!

Many of us don't take risks on unrequited love. We grow to love the one we're with and not the one we pine for. A FL finding someone new to love or making mistakes in trying to find happiness shouldn't be considered a character flaw or a poor story choice-- it's realistic!

I for one want to see Naoya grow. He's been satisfied with his flippant attitude towards love. He's played it safe in many ways, too-- by not allowing himself to care. I want to see him risk something. Why do the FLs always have to be true and brave?

That guy deserves it. She was honest to him and then he'd be saying insincere things.

i take it back the rival is so pushy and doesn’t really take her feelings into consideration at all. female lead is incredibly dumb af while the male lead is a bloody nitwit who doesn’t want to put in the work of confessing or actually using his words for anything

@Mangagirl07
It's rare for me to see someone think like this but I totally agree. People often say it's poor writing or dumb protaginist if something not go according to what they want or have element that they don't like (For example, people who don't like 2nd ML, complain).

I sometimes complain about character but it's more like advice, not because I think the writing is poor or the protaginist is dumb. Because maybe if I am in their position, I will do the same, who knows? Sometimes people can't make decision objectively, sometimes fail, so when the protagonist in manga fail, why people think she is dumb? If people answer, "I will never make those dumb decision."
Are you sure? Ask your past self and you will realize everyone ever make dumb decision.

@alice06 oh, I agree-- I think it's impossible not to feel like we have skin in the game and feel obligated/compelled to give different advice. The older I get the more I feel like I know better! Though, reading shoujo manga in my 30s makes me feel a lot of empathy for myself when I was much younger. I made so many similar mistakes and was hurt, but I wouldn't know better now had I not gone through those tough times, huh?

At this point this is just stupid. Pretending to be lover was already childish but ig this tops it. Girl I DARE YOU 👁👄👁 Don‘t say yes.

Users who are viewing this thread