Suterare Shiro Mahoutsukai no Koucha Seikatsu - Ch. 1 - 1st Cup

So the little boy (& other children from the later flashback) were here party members? Who she helped raise in the orphanage before joining her guild when they grew up?

Also, the 'hero' group name (nantoka) can also translate as "something or other."

Dex-chan lover
@literal Reading the WN,
the little boy was an orphanage child that was close to her. MC also grew up in the orphanage and helped take care of the younger children.

The party members in the hero group were other people that came later, when she was 20 years old.
They came seeking shelter, and she used her white magic to heal them. The hero group offered her a job with them, and she took it so she could help earn money for the orphanage that raised her with love and affection.

Group Leader
Page 5:
- Until we got down the mountain, // buy us some time for a little bit longer.

Page 6:
# I'm sorry... // I can't keep my promise. (It's should use a formal sentence since its refer to Leonardo)

Page 7:
- Make sure you do, it's a promise after all. // I understand. // You have my word.

Page 10:
- The wound on your hand has healed, right?

Okay, what's written on above is just my silly thing, don't take it personally😅

Double-page supporter
Yuugo...
Funny because that's the name of the protagonist of Wakfu, and he's also of a dragon race of some sort.

Dex-chan lover
So is the dragon an already adult dragon disguised as a child?

i want karma in the form of a bratty golden dragon punt her team into the sun....but also mom son shennanigans is acceptable

Fed-Kun's army
This chapter was very confusing.

The whole timetable of events from the dragon napping, encountering the MC (and "friends"), the trip to the demon world, and the return. It felt like the description/order of those events kept changing and at the same time, they never actually answered the question of why the heck 10 years disappeared in the first place, where those 10 years were spent, and how in the world a normal human never noticed (or even aged?) that passage of time.

The disappearance of all the other monsters on the mountain also made no sense. The dragon made it sound like the monsters were attracted to the mountain by it's presence as it slept, but the idea that all the monsters would simply walk away without bothering anyone after the dragon left is utterly absurd. Monsters build nests, monsters need food, monsters are the natural enemy of humanity. If they said that after the dragon was "killed" that an organized sweep of the mountain was performed to clear it of monsters, then sure, that would make sense, but simply implying that a mountain full of monsters would ALL simply leave is ridiculous.

I also find it rather odd that the MC would take on the mother role for a creature much older (and exceedingly more powerful) than her. Did she somehow forget how their high level party tried to kill it, failed, and fled for their lives afterwards? Did the dragon mess with her mind during that 10 year time gap? Why does she have absolutely zero caution towards a creature that's likely listed as an extremely high tier threat? She's accepting all this WAY to easily, which makes me worry that the MC is going to be the total pushover type.

@frungy to answer your questions

they never actually answered the question of why the heck 10 years disappeared in the first place, where those 10 years were spent, and how in the world a normal human never noticed (or even aged?) that passage of time.

So the situation in the 4th page is the team attack a strong dragon and lose, got pursued by it in the process. Now, the MC got abandoned, the dragon caught her, but instead of killing her, he bring her to the demon world to heal her from her injuries sustained in previous battle against him. The [a time in this world is just a fraction of time in another world] is such a normal concept in fantasy and that's what happened there. So the answer is 1. Because the Demon world concept time is likely different from earth, 2. In the Demon world and 3. Go back to answer Number 1.

The disappearance of all the other monsters on the mountain also made no sense. The dragon made it sound like the monsters were attracted to the mountain by it's presence as it slept, but the idea that all the monsters would simply walk away without bothering anyone after the dragon left is utterly absurd.

They was attracted to the presence of his magic. Which mean without the magic presence there's no reason for the monster to be there. The Village was built 5 years after the Dragon's dissappearance at the mountain previously deemen dangerous & barren. Also the Mountain is called Dragon Mountain, which i gonna assume that Yugoo is the King there. Its like Bees, you kill their Queen and those bees would just leave

I also find it rather odd that the MC would take on the mother role for a creature much older (and exceedingly more powerful) than her. Did she somehow forget how their high level party tried to kill it, failed, and fled for their lives afterwards? Did the dragon mess with her mind during that 10 year time gap? Why does she have absolutely zero caution towards a creature that's likely listed as an extremely high tier threat ?

Because she's indebted to him for her life, and also he's a dragon, she can't just refuse and run from him after he made a request to pay her life debt, that's not a responsible behavior. Why she act as the mom? Because he shows up as a kid, there's no other logical reason than to pretend to be a mom and son when you shows up to some village with some naked kid, this is not a H manga.

Users who are viewing this thread